Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• re-deploying vanilla osgi bundles

Hi team,

Using RC1, on linux, I am observing that 'vanilla' osgi bundles cannot be re-deployed through the admin console, or in the 'pickup' directory, or as modules attached to a server instance in the Eclipse tooling. They work fine the first time, but if some the deployment of another bundle, or simply re-publishing the module from the Eclipse tooling leads to :

com.springsource.platform.osgi.framework.OsgiFrame workException: Error occurred during satisfaction of constraints for bundle 'com.mst.lambda.service.site.repository'.
    at com.springsource.platform.osgi.framework.equinox.E quinoxBundleInstaller.processSatisfyConstraintsExc eption(EquinoxBundleInstaller.java:386)
    at com.springsource.platform.osgi.framework.equinox.E quinoxBundleInstaller.satisfyConstraints(EquinoxBu ndleInstaller.java:329)
    at com.springsource.platform.osgi.framework.equinox.E quinoxBundleInstaller.satisfyConstraints(EquinoxBu ndleInstaller.java:376)
    [snip]
    Caused by: org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework $DuplicateBundleException: Bundle "com.mst.lambda.model.site" version "1.0.0.SNAPSHOT" has already been installed from: file:////home/davidv/dist/ssap-1.0.0.RC1/repository/bundles/usr/com.mst.lambda.model.site-1.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework .createAndVerifyBundle(Framework.java:700)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework .installWorkerPrivileged(Framework.java:939)

The supplied admin and splash war and web-module obviously get handled ok from the 'pickup' directory, and my web-module gets re-published fine from Eclipse tooling, but not my normal bundles.

The url of the bundles is not changing, and I was under the impression that the deployer would allow a bundle to be re-deployed if the url was the same. Have I misunderstood ?

I am struggling to see how to use the tooling with this current behaviour, I am either missing something obvious or the deployer is being to strict, imho.

Any suggestions very welcome,
    thanks !
    davidv
Working...
X