Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Integration testing of bundles using S2AP provisioning repository Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Integration testing of bundles using S2AP provisioning repository

Hello,

is there an easy way to set up an integration test environment for testing a set of bundles, possibly with quite some dependencies?

I would like to write an integration test using e.g. AbstractConfigurableBundleCreatorTests class (from org.springframework.osgi.test)
    and somehow resolve the dependencies against my provision repository of my S2AP installation. Is something like this possible?

My use case includes creating a bundle setup using an in memory HSQLDB, Hibernate, JPA and to test my domain model, and certain services around it.

Best regards,
    Eric

Integration testing of bundles using S2AP provisioning repository

Hi Eric,

AFAIK, support for in-container integration tests like Spring-DM provides is planned for the next version of the Platform. For now, it's simply not there.
    For out-of-container testing, you can use the standard support in Spring; obviously, that won't support your Spring-DM config files nor your bundle manifests, but at least you'll be able to test the rest of your Spring configuration and code.

Joris

Comment

HI Joris,

thanks a lot for the reply.
      Does "next release" refer to the next major release (like a 2.0), or more a minor release?

Eric

Comment

Good question: I'm afraid we'll have to wait for an official roadmap to be published to answer that one, unfortunately.

Comment

Eric,

We are working on this test framework and we are not tying it to any Platform release cycle so it'll be released as soon as it is ready - I imagine that this will be within 10-12 weeks but that really is an estimate.

Hope this helps,

Rob

Comment

Working...
          X