Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tooling: Searching for bundles/libs in repo doesn't work

Hi,

searching for bundles and libraries in the server "Bundle Rpository Browser" doesn't work for me. When I enter - for example - "org.hibernate.*" and click on "Search" both checkboxes "Bundles" and "Libraries" appear in the result list. But no bundles or libraries are displayed their. And neither Eclipse' "Error Log" nor the ".log"-file show any (helpful) messages.

I'm using the Spring IDE from the weekly update site (2.1.0.v200807302100) and the S2 Tool Suite 1.0.0.v200807252158.

Any ideas how to fix this problem? Thanks a lot!

Regards,
    Nils

Tooling: Searching for bundles/libs in repo doesn't work

Nils,

can you please check if you have the following folder in your workspace:

<workspace>/.metadata/.plugins/com.springsource.platform.ide.server.core/repository

and if there is a bundles and libraries folder in it.

Christian

Comment

Hi Christian,

there are no such folders. The repository directory only contains an ".index" file. But the repository.zip-file contains a "bundles" and a "libraries" folder...

Nils

Comment

Nils,

are you saying that you have a repository.zip in the directory? Or is this the one you found in the plugin folder?

If everything goes ok there shouldn't be a zip but only the exploded contents.

Christian

Comment

Hi Christian,

the directory <workspace>/.metadata/.plugins/com.springsource.platform.ide.server.core contains:

- a subdirectory "repository", but without bundles and libs-folder (only an .index-file)
          - a repository.zip-file that contains bundles and libs-folders

Seems that exploding the zip file failed :-(

Nils

Comment

Hi Christian,

some updates to my last comment:

1. I removed both the repository-directy and the repository.zip file from the workspace>/.metadata/.plugins/com.springsource.platform.ide.server.core folder.
            - The "Last update"-notice in the Bundle Repository Browser displayed an old date (something in July, coming from the Tooling plug-ins?)

2. I executed "Update local bundle and library repository index"
            - The "Last update"-notice in the Bundle Repository Browser still showed the old date
            - The com.springsource.platform.ide.server.core-folder doesn't contained neither a repository-directory nor a repository.zip

3. I restarted Eclipse
            - The "Last update"-notice in the Bundle Repository Browser has been updated to August, 1st (correct!)
            - The search function works !

Anyway: no idea, why it doesn't work the first time ?

Regards,
            Nils

Comment

Nils,

there was indeed a bug in file handling on Windows (can't delete a file if it is still in use). This has been fixed in the latest nightly build. Thanks for reporting this.

If you wipe out the folder STS will restore the repository index from a bundled copy in your install. That is why 3. worked for you. With the latest nightly you should be able to update using the link on the repository browser page.

Christian

Comment

Thanks a lot for your help, Christian !

btw: I really like the Tool Suite, great work :-)

Comment

Working...
                X