Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
[springsource, springsecurity, spring-dm] howto split a big war on several bundles Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [springsource, springsecurity, spring-dm] howto split a big war on several bundles

Hi,

I have a big war application that run on tomcat and I try to split it on several osgi bundles for springsource (the split is based on the keys features).

1)The first issue is about the spring security. I have no idea about how to export the acegi service for others osgi module. Currently springsecurity depends on webapp and the webapps contextes are separated.

2) The second issue is the about the ressources and the jsp pages. After reading of the springsource documentation, I understand that it's not possible to have two bundles that export jars, services (spring-dm,acegi), resources (jsp/images) and run on the same webcontext. Am I wrong?

Any Help will be appreciate

Olivier

ps. sorry for my bad english.

[springsource, springsecurity, spring-dm] howto split a big war on several bundles

Hi Olivier,

1) As you pointed out, with a web application you typically will centralize your security configuration within the web application itself. In fact, web-specific configuration is required to reside in the web application. Which part of Spring Security are you trying to publish as an OSGi service? In addition, if you have particular use cases in mind for how you would like to split up some of the security configuration, we would be glad to hear them.

2) Your understanding of the documentation is correct: it is not currently possible to have multiple bundles contribute to the static resources of a web application. By static resources I mean things like images, CSS, HTML, JSPs, PDFs, etc. This is a result of the fact that the embedded Tomcat Servlet container builds the ServletContext for a web application from a single source (i.e., typically a folder in the file system). On the other hand, it is definitely possible to have multiple bundles which contribute types (i.e., classes and interfaces), class-path resources, and services to a single web application. The Form Tags Shared Services WAR demonstrates this. You can download the Form Tags sample application from the Downloads tab on this page.

Regards,

Sam

Comment

[springsource, springsecurity, spring-dm] howto split a big war on several bundles

Hi Sam,

Thank's for your help!

>if you have particular use cases in mind for how you would like to split up some of the security configuration, we would be glad to >hear them.

So we basically think our use cases as the same way that eclipse ide is build. Our use case is feature based, and one feature is a set of bundles that own import/export libraries, services and resources, all mapped on different context session *ID* [anonym,user,admin] themselves managed (and implemented) in (for exemple) a security bundle. Am I clear ?

Olivier

Comment

Sorry,
        Here a basic sample in equinox osgi:
        http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/equinox-incubator/demos/security/org.eclipse.equinox.examples.httpsecurity/plugin.xml?revision=1.1&view=markup

Olivier

Comment

Working...
        X