X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tomcat context.xml

The Tomcat context.xml is provided within the S2AP config/servlet directory. The first line in this file states:

<!-- The contents of this file will be loaded for each web application -->

When running an Apache Pluto applications on Tomcat, the following element attribute is always required within the context.xml file:

<Context crossContext="true">

This setting allows the main Pluto-based web application (which acts as a portal) to call into the various portlet applications, retrieve the portlet.xml, etc.

I have modified this file in S2AP but my application is behaving exactly as Tomcat would without this crossContext setting in place.

Does S2AP use this context.xml file when loading web applications? Does it specifically use the crossContext attribute?

Also, where does S2AP store server-specific configurations when using the Eclipse tooling? When I create a server in Eclipse the generated server project directory is empty. I have tried both copying customized server configurations into the created empty directory (i.e. /Servers/SpringSource AP v1.0 Server at localhost-config) and also modifying the main S2AP configuration files.

Is there another way to achieve the environment that the crossContext setting provides by using an alternate configuration within S2AP?

I am using beta6.

Thanks for any insight.

-Tim

Tomcat context.xml

Hi Tim,

Good catch!

> Does S2AP use this context.xml file when loading web applications?

It certainly did in earlier beta releases, but due to some code refactoring a bug was introduced that kept this file from being correctly located. This has been fixed and will be available in the beta 9 release. See the following JIRA issue for details:

https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/PLATFORM-105

cheers,

Sam

Comment

Tomcat context.xml

Hi Sam,

I finally had a chance to get back to this and the current RC1 does not work any better. Two setting are critical for running Pluto on Tomcat. These are:

1. Setting crossContext="true" in the context.xml file.
      2. Setting emptySessionPath="true" in the config file.

I have changed both of these settings on RC1 of S2AP. It appears that the crossContext setting may be working now but due to the subsequent error I believe that the emptySessionPath setting may not taking effect. Has the behavior of the emptySessionPath setting been verified on S2AP RC1?

Thanks,

-Tim

Comment

Tomcat context.xml

Hi Tim,

As far as I know, these configuration options should be honored; however, I've opened a JIRA issue for us to take a closer look at this:

https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/PLATFORM-163

Regards,

Sam

Comment

Tomcat context.xml

the issue has been tested with the pluto application with the two settings mentioned.The pluto based application is working fine on the 1.0.0GA release of dm Server.

Comment

Working...
          X