Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why have the STS updates stopped ?

Hello,
    Well, everything is in the title: Since the 06/05/2008, there have been no more updates for the S2 Tools Suite for eclipse, while many related issues were resolved as shown in the JIRA in the meantime.

Is there any particular reason for this ?

Why have the STS updates stopped ?

Jawher,

we needed to stop the nightly builds while we sorted out some major refactorings and new features that we wanted to ship. Those were not ready for a public release.

I'm happy to announce that I just finished uploading a new version to the update site and I will re-enable the nightly build later today.

Stay tuned for a blog post about the new features like the Repository Browser and the Manifest Editor early next week. Let me know what you think about the new features.

Christian

Comment

Thnaks Christian for the reply, and sorry for the delay: I was on a trip ;-)

I've just updated STS on my eclipse, and so far so good:
      - In the new bundle wizard: the non personality is there, the web personality is visaully configurable, and does output the expected manfiest (except for the context path, I guess that the other fields need some more assisting ... it is not evident at all how to fille the servlets field for example).
      - The manifest editor is finally there ! Great work. One question though: why is it that when I hit the "Import Bundle" button I get an empty list ?
      - I see that a "bundle project" generated via the wizard is "Spring IDE" enabled by default
      - Repository Browser: Can't find this ??

Anyway, Thanks for these new features: they may make S2AP lifes a lot easier :-)

Cheers,
      Jawher

Comment

Jawher,

thanks again for the constant quality feedback.

> - In the new bundle wizard: the non personality is there, the web personality is visaully configurable,
        > and does output the expected manfiest (except for the context path, I guess that the other fields
        > need some more assisting ... it is not evident at all how to fille the servlets field for example).

This JIRA is going to be fixed for the next release.

> - The manifest editor is finally there ! Great work. One question though: why is it that when I hit
        > the "Import Bundle" button I get an empty list ?

You should not get an empty list. That is a last minute bug and will be fixed in today's nightly build.

> - I see that a "bundle project" generated via the wizard is "Spring IDE" enabled by default

Yes, and for Spring DM-enabled projects you don't even need to configure the config files in the property dialog of Spring IDE as they are auto detected based on Spring DM's convention (META-INF/spring/*.xml or the Spring-Context manifest header pattern)

> - Repository Browser: Can't find this ??

Double-click the Platform instance in the Servers view and open Repository tab.

Christian

Comment

>Double-click the Platform instance in the Servers view and open Repository tab.

This feature is simply impressive :-O Wow !

But, the way it is accessible right now is more like an easter egg ... there must be a more obvious way to access it than "a double clic on the server" ...
          may be by adding a view (accessible from the eclipse view list) ?

Cheers

Comment

Working...
          X