Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using spring-jms with activemq on S2AP

Hi,

I am trying to get spring-jms with active mq running on the platform.

The application runs perfectly on tomcat as a web application, So the spring configuration is ok.

When using active mq as an OSGi bundle it first of all fails to start but that is fixed by fixing the manifest of the activemq jar.

Now the platform starts without a problem.

When I start my bundle holding the active mq integration it fails due to a :

Unsatisfied leaf constraints:
    Bundle: org.apache.activemq.activemq-core_5.1.0 - Import-Package: javax.management.j2ee.statistics; version="0.0.0"

Where do I find the javax.management.* packages? I was in the impression that jmx was included in the platform, so I assumed these packages where also available.

Any one?

Philippe

Using spring-jms with activemq on S2AP

Update,

Found the javax.management.j2ee interfaces, these are from JSR77. Downloaded the specs and made a bundle out of it. Installed it on the platform. Now I can start without the unsatisfied leaf constraint.

However the xml configuration gives me a ' no declaration can be found for element 'amq:broker''.

Which was an old error according to the activemq forums.

In light of the things I had to do sofar is it feasable to get activemq running embedded on the platform?

Philippe

Comment

You could start by raising a JIRA to get the bundles into the SpringSource repository. Actually someone already did (http://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/BRITS-38).

Comment

What was the problem you found with the activemq bundle (if you put the details in the JIRA above, we can contribute a fix back to activemq)?

Comment

The same META-INF references as mentioned in the issue, Just hack them out of it and the bundle will start.

The problem that remains is the issue of ' no declaration can be found for element 'amq:broker'' from within the spring editor and runtime

Philippe

Comment

Thanks, I did that, and it worked.

I got a simple sample app working with a local broker (didn't encounter your issue because I'm using Spring not AMQ configuration).

N.B. you mentioned also that you had built the JSR77 spec bundle yourself. The geronimo specs have OSGi manifests but only in later releases (and not the one that ActiveMQ officially depends on in Maven). I used this

<dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.specs</groupId>
            <artifactId>
            geronimo-j2ee-management_1.1_spec
            </artifactId>
            <version>1.0.1</version>
            </dependency>

Comment

I downloaded the one from the sun/jcp site and added the required OSGi headers.

Bud I guess the one from geronimo should also work (as it is in the activemq distribution zip)

Philippe

Comment

Working...
              X