Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much Spring is going to be exposed?

I love the idea of an OSGi-based app server, and even in it's current form S2AP looks to be a great implementation, but I'm not sure exactly where the "Spring" part comes into the equation. I'm aware of Spring Dynamic Modules, but it looks as though S2AP doesn't provide anything more to Spring applications than it would to any other application. Am I missing something, or is are Spring-specific goodies planned in the future?

How much Spring is going to be exposed?

Hi,
    Not totally sure about this, but at least, you may import spring packages (or bundles or library) in you own bundles without having to ship the Spring jars with them, as th S2AP natively provides Spring 2.5.4 (Alpha version in this stage I guess)

Comment

We are purposefully not trying to add much to Spring in the Platform, preferring to add directly to Spring Framework. What the Platform *does* do is make the common Spring features such as classpath scanning and load time weaving work in OSGi.

Rob

Comment

Got it. <i>That's</i> worth the price of admission. You may wish to consider playing up those capabilities in your marketing collaterol.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion - there is so much to talk about

Comment

Hi djo.mos,

FYI: the "A" in Spring 2.5.4.A does not stand for Alpha. The "A" qualifier in the Spring Framework 2.5.4.A bundles is used to indicate "slightly newer than 2.5.4". For further details, please refer to the SpringSource Enterprise Bundle Repository FAQ here:

http://www.springsource.com/repository/app/faq#q12

Regards,

Sam

Comment

Hi sbrannen,
              Oups, my fault: should have read the FAQ instead of making wild guesses :red:
              Thanks for the tip.

Cheers,

Comment

Working...
              X