X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Integrating Spring Application server and Spring Webflow

I have just started looking at the Spring Source App server for a new project and I was wondering how easy/difficult it would be to integrate with the new Spring Webflow (or any other non-OSGi web framework)? Please provide some guidance. I admit I still have a few hundred pages of docs to read through

Integrating Spring Application server and Spring Webflow

For the most part integrating with WebFlow should run smoothly. The only issue we know of right now is the use of serialization in the Flow Repository which causes a problem in OSGi, but Keith and his team are working on an alternative solution for the OSGi world as I type.

Regards,

Rob

Comment

Thanks for the quick response. Any time frame on the support. I would like to move my project from Tomcat ASAP.

Comment

We are hoping to have something available tomorrow so there shouldn't be too long to wait

Regards,

Rob

Comment

Thanks Rob. I will start migrating tonight.

Comment

Yes, we are applying a patch to Web Flow that should resolve the classloader issues preventing deserialization of flow execution state in a OSGi environment. We'll be working with Rob and Andy and the rest of the platform team on testing out this patch tommorrow.

Best regards,

Keith

Comment

My SWF2.0M1 stuff works fine as a war. Once I figure out how to configure my Maven project to build bundles correctly for SSAP, I will. I use IntelliJ Idea and can't benefit from your tools. I placed a request with them to add support in Idea 8.0 - but maybe some intermediate plugins or clear Maven instructions would help.

Sorry for meandering off topic

Comment

Currently I am developing Webapps using the Struts 2.0 / DOJO / YUI / Spring on Apache Tomcat. How easy is it to move them to this platform.

Comment

I don't see any reason why that combination should be difficult to move on to the platform. You'll have to make sure Struts 2.0 is a valid OSGi bundle but other than that I hope it would just work.

Rob

Comment

Working...
                  X