Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue managing manifest/running simple web app

Hi,

When I tried to deploy and test a very simple (HelloWorld like) Spring 3.0 controller and JSP view from inside STS, I got the following exception:

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionSt oreException: Unexpected exception parsing XML document from ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/dispatcher-servlet.xml]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.FatalBeanException: NamespaceHandler class [org.springframework.context.config.ContextNamespac eHandler] for namespace [http://www.springframework.org/schema/context] not found; nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.context.config.ContextNamespac eHandler

Sounds obvious, the ContextNamespaceHandler cannot be loaded. Seems like the bundle references are not right. However, when I tried to add the package reference "org.springframework.context.config" to the manifest editor, it gets removed automatically every time I save the manifest. The dependency may be resolved otherwise already. In any case, the bundle containing this class is not properly loaded. Not sure it is a Spring dm server issue or an STS issue, or just my issue dealing with the manifest.

Spring dm Server v2.0
    STS 2.5.0.M3
Working...
X