Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dm server release with spring 3.0.1.RELEASE-A

Hi everyone,
    when a spring dm server release with spring 3.0.1.RELEASE-A as base can be expected to be published?
    Thanks

I upgraded the latest dmServer (2.0.1) to Spring 3.0.2 by replacing the Spring jars and .libd files in repository/ext

Comment

That's right. In dm Server 2 users can replace the version of Spring in the user region without the kernel having to be rebased on that version of Spring.

Comment

if i add the 3.0.1.RELEASE-A bundles to repository/ext directory, i get a lot of error messages (and many more) during startup.
        Also replacing produce same output. Also tried to add them to repository/usr with same result.
        What's wrong here?

[2010-04-20 15:29:05.514] fs-watcher <DE0002E> Installation of plan 'com.springsource.server.admin.plan' version '2.0.1' failed. com
        .springsource.kernel.osgi.framework.UnableToSatisf yBundleDependenciesException: Unable to satisfy dependencies of bundle 'com.springsource.server.admi
        n.web' at version '2.0.1.RELEASE': Cannot resolve: com.springsource.server.admin.web
        Resolver report:
        Uses violation: <Import-Package: org.springframework.web.servlet; version="[2.5.6.A,3.1.0)"> in bundle <com.springsource.server.admin.web_2.0.
        1.RELEASE>
        Found conflicts:
        package 'org.springframework.asm_3.0.1.RELEASE-A' in bundle 'org.springframework.asm_3.0.1.RELEASE-A' used by 'org.springframew
        ork.web.servlet_3.0.1.RELEASE-A' in bundle 'org.springframework.web.servlet_3.0.1.RELEASE-A'
        conflicts with 'org.springframework.asm_3.0.0.RELEASE' in bundle 'org.springframework.asm_3.0.0.RELEASE' used by 'org.springframework.
        web.servlet.view_3.0.0.RELEASE' in bundle 'org.springframework.web.servlet_3.0.0.RELEASE'
        package 'org.springframework.asm_3.0.1.RELEASE-A' in bundle 'org.springframework.asm_3.0.1.RELEASE-A' used by 'org.springframew
        ork.web.servlet_3.0.1.RELEASE-A' in bundle 'org.springframework.web.servlet_3.0.1.RELEASE-A'
        conflicts with 'org.springframework.asm_3.0.0.RELEASE' in bundle 'org.springframework.asm_3.0.0.RELEASE' used by 'org.springframework.
        web.servlet.view_3.0.0.RELEASE' in bundle 'org.springframework.web.servlet_3.0.0.RELEASE'
        package 'org.springframework.ui.context_3.0.1.RELEASE-A' in bundle 'org.springframework.context_3.0.1.RELEASE-A' used by 'org.s
        pringframework.web.servlet_3.0.1.RELEASE-A' in bundle 'org.springframework.web.servlet_3.0.1.RELEASE-A'
        conflicts with 'org.springframework.ui.context_3.0.0.RELEASE' in bundle 'org.springframework.context_3.0.0.RELEASE' used by 'org.sprin
        gframework.web.servlet.view_3.0.0.RELEASE' in bundle 'org.springframework.web.servlet_3.0.0.RELEASE'
        package 'org.springframework.context.i18n_3.0.1.RELEASE-A' in bundle 'org.springframework.context_3.0.1.RELEASE-A' used by 'org
        .springframework.web.servlet_3.0.1.RELEASE-A' in bundle 'org.springframework.web.servlet_3.0.1.RELEASE-A'

Comment

You need to replace the 3.0.0.RELEASE files in repository/ext with their new equivalents.

Note that some early versions of 3.0.1.x had bugs in the bundle manifests. I tested with 3.0.2.RELEASE and it worked fine.

Comment

I tried the recommended "replace" approach and unfortunatelly didn't get any further. Upon removing the old 3.0.0.RELEASE files from repository/ext the server would not even start - it complained about having missing dependencies on the 3.0.0.RELEASE files. And, with having both versions in the same folder I get this:

Code:
             Found conflicts:
                            package        'org.springframework.asm_3.0.0.RELEASE' in bundle 'org.springframework.asm_3.0.0.RELEASE' used by 'org.springframework.osgi.context_1.2.1' in bundle 'org.springframework.osgi.core_1.2.1'
                            conflicts with 'org.springframework.asm_3.0.2.RELEASE' in bundle 'org.springframework.asm_3.0.2.RELEASE' used by 'org.springframework.asm.commons_3.0.2.RELEASE' in bundle 'org.springframework.asm_3.0.2.RELEASE'
                            package        'org.springframework.asm_3.0.0.RELEASE' in bundle 'org.springframework.asm_3.0.0.RELEASE' used by 'org.springframework.osgi.context_1.2.1' in bundle 'org.springframework.osgi.core_1.2.1'
                            conflicts with 'org.springframework.asm_3.0.2.RELEASE' in bundle 'org.springframework.asm_3.0.2.RELEASE' used by 'org.springframework.web.servlet.tags_3.0.2.RELEASE' in bundle 'org.springframework.web.servlet_3.0.2.RELEASE'
                            conflicts with 'org.springframework.asm_3.0.2.RELEASE' in bundle 'org.springframework.asm_3.0.2.RELEASE' used by 'org.springframework.web.servlet.tags_3.0.2.RELEASE' in bundle 'org.springframework.web.servlet_3.0.2.RELEASE'
                            conflicts with 'org.springframework.asm_3.0.2.RELEASE' in bundle 'org.springframework.asm_3.0.2.RELEASE' used by 'org.springframework.asm.commons_3.0.2.RELEASE' in bundle 'org.springframework.asm_3.0.2.RELEASE'
            By replace, I'm assuming you didn't mean replace the names of the 3.0.2 files. Any help for a noob?

Thanks.

Comment

I'd like to clarify exactly what you did. If you deleted Spring 3.0.0.RELEASE from repository/ext, I would expect the server not to start. You then need to add Spring 3.0.2.RELEASE to repository/ext after which the server should start. You should also start the server with the -clean option the first time you start it after upgrading Spring.

Does that help?

Comment

Thanks. That did get me further. The server does start with errors due to what appear to be duplicate deployments (possibly user error), but at least it starts. On one of the systems I wasn't able to execute the clean option due to the known 30 second timeout, but I believe that is being addressed in the 2.0.2 release.

Comment

Glad Spring is successfully replaced now. Yes, 2.0.2 will contain the timeout change.

Comment

Working...
                  X