X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RoadMap after Spring Dm 2.0

Since Spring dm is released , just wanted to know what is the RoadMap plan for Spring Dm

1.Is there going to be any BUG fix release ?

2.If not please let me whats the next release , and what are teh road map items ?

3. what will be the result of spring core upgradation(3.1) in Spring Dm server

Can you point me to a location where i can find this info .

We will issue a bugfix release 2.0.1 in due course.

The main direction from now on is, of course, the transition to Eclipse Virgo.

Comment

Hi Glyn,

We are currently planning to upgrade our production servers from Dm 1.0.2 to 2.0.

Would you suggest us to wait untill 2.0.1 version is released for continue with 2.0 upgradation?

Are there any major known issues with Dm 2.0 related to functionality or performance ?

This is where i checked the issues
      https://issuetracker.springsource.co...ter/order=DESC
      Last edited by sudheerk84; Feb 24th, 2010, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Also it will be great if you can let us know the approximate release date for 2.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by sudheerk84 View Post
          Hi Glyn,

We are currently planning to upgrade our production servers from Dm 1.0.2 to 2.0.

Would you suggest us to wait untill 2.0.1 version is released for continue with 2.0 upgradation?
          Yes, that would be sensible.

Are there any major known issues with Dm 2.0 related to functionality or performance ?

This is where i checked the issues
          https://issuetracker.springsource.co...ter/order=DESC
          There seem to be some regressions in the area of static resource update when dm Server is running under the SpringSource Tools Suite. I hope to include a fix in 2.0.1.

Also dm Server startup is somewhat slower than in 1.0.x, mainly because of the massive amount of new function that has been added. This will not be reduced in 2.0.1.

Comment

Originally posted by sudheerk84 View Post
            Also it will be great if you can let us know the approximate release date for 2.0.1
            We want to hold off releasing 2.0.1 for a while as we are finishing off the OSGi Web Container Reference Implementation to make it pass the official Compliance Test. We want to include the finished web container in 2.0.1. We'll be in touch about a proposed date.

Comment

Working...
            X