Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
How to run external apps (e.g. ActiveMQ) as embedded services within Spring DM Server Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to run external apps (e.g. ActiveMQ) as embedded services within Spring DM Server

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if it's possible to run Apache ActiveMQ (and 3rd party apps in general) as an embedded service within Spring DM server. I know that there are several bundles related to ActiveMQ in the Spring repository (http://www.springsource.com/repository/app/) but I don't know how to install and start them within SDMS. Is there some documentation available explaining how to achieve such things?

I'm using STS 2.3.0 with SDMS 1.0 and in the Bundle Repository Browser I downloaded the Apache ActiveMQ bundles für 5.2.0 (Search for Bundles and Libraries) and 5.3.0 (from the repository website) and then tried to install it (Installed Bundles and Libraries - Install sources). I thought these bundles would have been installed now within SDMS especially as there haven't been any exception messages but when I check the Bundle Status tab there is no entry for ActiveMQ. Am I missing something or is it not possible to run it embedded within SDMS? Moreover if I have a 3rd party app is there a way to make it available within SDMS (by available I mean starting and using it as an embedded server)? Can I achieve this with bundlor?

I recently started to use Spring and OSGI so I hope my questions aren't too stupid after all. Any help is appreciated.

fkh

Moved to dm Server forum.

Comment

Working...
    X