X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automating bundle deployment under Spring DM 2.0

I have developed a web app using OSGi service bundles, host web bundle, slice web bundles and other common bundles. Currently I am deploying the bundles in the required order manually. I want to automate the entire process of bundle deployment. I would create a configuration file having the bundle names and the order in which they have to be deployed. The deployment script would read the configuration file and deploy the bundles in required order and would connect to DM Shell to find the status of the bundle (ACTIVE) before deploying the next bundle.

While working with Spring DM 1.0.2 I wrote Ruby script and everything was working. Now moving to DM 2, telnet to port 2401 is not supported, so I changed my Ruby script to use SSH instead of telnet. I am getting the following error could not execute command: "bundle list".

What is the best way to achieve the automated deployment recommended by Spring Source?

Regards,
    Pranav

While I haven't played with these too much Plans have been set up to deal with loading bundles in a defined order: http://static.springsource.org/s2-dm...l/ch04s03.html

They will be a good starting point.

Comment

The only problem with plan is that I have to use JMX to hot deploy any bundle in a plan. I want to copy the bundle in pickup directory to hot deploy instead of using JMX APIs.

Regards,
      Pranav

Comment

You can drop the plan into the pickup directory.

Comment

Hi Glyn,

This would redeploy all the bundles in a plan but my requirement is to redeploy just a single bundle inside the plan.

What is preferred approach for automatic deployment? Can I write scripts using JMX APIs? Where can I get the APIs documentation and relevant help?

Regards,
          Pranav

Comment

JMX is likely to be a more stable API than calling the deployer services directly. See the Deployer interface for documentation of the JMX API.

Comment

Working...
            X