Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Plan Deployment

hi Guys,
    Is there an interface (management /otherwise) that I can use to push a plan file to a Spring DM server ?.

If I have a generic image with a configured SpringDM server on it deployed to multiple VMs (Amazon Cloud/Planetlab), I could place an application on it to phone home and request configuration (plan files), these could then be pulled down and dropped in the pickup directory. My Spring DM image could all be pointed at a single bundle repository and then pull down the required bundles as the plan dictates. I can instantly grow my application in number or organise my application on the VMs as required.

Is there currently a way to do this via the existing SpringDM (2.0) or would I need to write my own simple application to do it ?

Thanks,

~Patsy

You could achieve something close to what you describe using standard features of dm Server 2.0.

Add a hosted repository to the repository chain of each dm Server instance, using standard repository configuration. Then define a hosted repository dm Server instance which has a watched repository in its own local repository chain. You can then drop new plans into the watched repository directory and these plans will then be available for deploying on the other dm Server instances.

To deploy such a plan on one of the dm Server instances, you need to drive the deployer API, preferably via JMX using the deployer MBean. Pass in a URI specifying the "repository:" scheme, e.g.
    Code:
    repository:plan/com.foo.plan/1
    to deploy version 1 of com.foo.plan.

Comment

Working...
    X