Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DMServer 2.0 and Eclipse

Hi,
    I have updated all our toolchain to DMServer2.0 however I now need to update the eclipse toolchain. In house we have upgraded to use the plan file functionality as this makes our lives a lot more pleasant than PARs for deployments.

Is there an update for the Eclipse plugins to support DMServer 2.0 ? and more importantly to support deployment of Plans from within Eclipse to the Server ?.

I tried the existing plugins and they don't even like play with 2.0.0.RC1 very much - didn't even start the server. Command line is currently working but it is handy to have the eclipse side to keep the GUI only developers happy.

Any thoughts / help appreciated.

~Patsy

PS - we don't mind trying bleeding edge versions of the plugins for eclipse (we have been running off an integration build of 2.0.0 for a while now before RC1 came out).

The most recent nightly builds of STS contain support for plans. Start with STS 2.3.0 as a base and update from http://dist.springsource.com/snapshot/DMS-TOOLS/nightly.

Please use the dm Server tooling forum if you have any issues or questions with the tooling.

Comment

Thanks up and running

You also need to point at the nightly Spring IDE updates before you can get the DM Tools to update http://dist.springsource.com/snapshot/IDE/nightly

I had a bit of trouble with the deployment of the bundles but that is probably my fault. It is mainly around how to do development work with a bundle and a plan.

If I have a bundle, that I am actively working on in Eclipse (referenced by my plan - also in eclipse), I can add the plan to the server and it appears to add the "bundle" as well. But the bundle does not appear to be pushed to the server (missing dependency). I either have to build and drop the bundle in manually or add it as a separate project entity to the server (this sometimes works). This may be my configuration - not sure if there is much "help" or "docs" for this setup yet.

The active development/deployment of a bundle (within a plan) appears still a little weird at times but a definite improvement

Many thanks

Comment

Working...
      X