X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cardinality - with mandatory service - Doesnt wrk in Dm 1.0.2

I have a interface bundle -InterfaceBundle.

Then i have a service exporter bundle. -Exporter Bundle

Also i have a service importer bundle - Importer Bundle

First i deploy the interface bundle , then followed by the Service importer.

I have not changed the cardinality attribute , which means it is mandatory .Also i have not changed the timeout , so it should be 5 minutes.

Now in the console i get bundle waiting for mandatory service .

But when i deploy the service exporter , still anything doesnt change. And it hangs there for ever.

[Attaching the code for the same]

i tried the same in Dm 2.0M5 and it works fine.

This sounds like a bug. Please would you raise a JIRA defect and attach the testcase (preferably including binary JARs rather than just source code).

Comment

Created a Jira for the same

https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/DMS-2028

Comment

Much appreciated.

Comment

I believe that you have hit a known limitation in 1.0.x that was fixed in 2.0 under DMS-43.

Given that 2.0 is nearing release we don't have any plans to backport this fix to the 1.0.x line as it would involve a significant change to the deployer in 1.0.x.

That said, the deployment of the first application should timeout after 5 minutes allowing the second bundle to be deployed. Is that timeout not happening for you?

Comment

I tried with timeout of 5 seconds and it doesnt work.

But i continued waiting for more time i finally get a error saying bundle appContext failed because mandatory service was missing and it continues deploying the next bundle.

But it looks like it did not take my custom value of 5 seconds and instead waited for default 300 seconds before timing out.

Comment

Working...
            X