X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derby under 2.0.0.M5

I tried 2.0.0.M5 with the program that runs fine under 1.0.2.RELEASE.
    It failed in Derby, could not find classes like javax/sql/XAConnection and javax/management/JMException. I looked in the Derby jar. It looks like a proper OSGi bundle, but it does not import javax.sql or javax.management.

Two questions:

1. How did it work under 1.0.2? Maybe those javax packages were included in some sort of boot classpath? Did this behavior change in 2.0.0?

2. How do I fix this issue? I see few options, but I am not sure which one is more appropriate:

a) Fix the manifest in derby bundle. Doing this would be strange, I should not tamper with the 3rd party artifacts, not my job.
    b) Wrap it in my own bundle with the correct manifest. Simple enough, but I am not sure about this.
    c) Somehow set this on server level, so it behaves like 1.0.2. I just don't know how, maybe somebody can help me.
    d) Ask Derby owners to fix it and distribute? Or maybe a correct Derby bundle already exists in some repository?

Originally posted by lilyevsky View Post
    I tried 2.0.0.M5 with the program that runs fine under 1.0.2.RELEASE.
    It failed in Derby, could not find classes like javax/sql/XAConnection and javax/management/JMException. I looked in the Derby jar. It looks like a proper OSGi bundle, but it does not import javax.sql or javax.management.
    The latest version of the Derby bundle in the SpringSource Enterprise Bundle Repository imports both javax.sql and javax.management. Which Derby bundle are you using? You may like to try the latest on from our repository.

Two questions:

1. How did it work under 1.0.2? Maybe those javax packages were included in some sort of boot classpath? Did this behavior change in 2.0.0?
    Neither of the packages above was boot delegated in 1.0.2 or in 2.0. This seems to indicate that you were using a different version of the Derby bundle that imported those packages.

Comment

Working...
    X