Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring DM 2 M5 Shell / Admin Console

Blog says -
    "Using the Shell or the Admin Console you only see the User Region—the kernel implementation bundles are not visible, simplifying the administration view."

I tried and found that "bundles" and "services" command gives both Kernel and User Region specific bundles and services. Is it the bug?

Also when I start dm server it logs the following -
    Code:
    Thread-2                     <SH0001I> dm Kernel ssh shell available on port 2402.
    So, is it Kernel or User Region ssh shell available on 2402? If it is Kernel, how to access User Region then?

bundles command gives the following kernel bundles -
    Code:
    12  Active        com.springsource.kernel.agent-2.0.0.M5
    13  Active      S com.springsource.kernel.deployer.dm-2.0.0.M5
    14  Resolved      com.springsource.kernel.dmfragment-2.0.0.M5
    15  Active      S com.springsource.kernel.osgi.equinox-2.0.0.M5
    services command gives -
    Code:
    43  from bundle 12  Active        com.springsource.kernel.agent-2.0.0.M5 with 1 consumers
    44  from bundle 12  Active        com.springsource.kernel.agent-2.0.0.M5 with 1 consumers
    45  from bundle 13  Active      S com.springsource.kernel.deployer.dm-2.0.0.M5 with 0 consumers
    46  from bundle 15  Active      S com.springsource.kernel.osgi.equinox-2.0.0.M5 with 1 consumers
    47  from bundle 15  Active      S com.springsource.kernel.osgi.equinox-2.0.0.M5 with 1 consumers
    48  from bundle 15  Active      S com.springsource.kernel.osgi.equinox-2.0.0.M5 with 3 consumers
    49  from bundle 15  Active      S com.springsource.kernel.osgi.equinox-2.0.0.M5 with 1 consumers
    50  from bundle 15  Active      S com.springsource.kernel.osgi.equinox-2.0.0.M5 with 1 consumers
    51  from bundle 15  Active      S com.springsource.kernel.osgi.equinox-2.0.0.M5 with 0 consumers
    Last edited by Pranav Kumar Varshney; Oct 14th, 2009, 02:42 AM.

I'm seeing the same behavior.

Comment

Apologies, the blog is somewhat inaccurate. I'll make sure that it's updated.

The four bundles that you've listed are installed into the user region by the kernel to allow it to manage the user region. The services that you've listed are the services that are published by those bundles.

We are working on a more detailed blog post about the shell at the moment. I'll also make sure that this is explained in more detail in that blog post.

Thanks for the feedback.

Comment

The blog post about the shell is now up and available at http://blog.springsource.com/2009/10/15/the-dm-shell/

Comment

Delete doesn't work in shell.

Comment

vesekov, I've just tried this in the shell and the behaviour that I saw was that delete worked in the same way as backspace. Before we start investigating, is that the same as the problem that you're seeing?

Comment

Andy, doesn't work neither one for me (delete or backspace). I'm using Putty for SSH remotely connection.

Comment

Interesting, thanks.

As you're using Putty, I assume the client is on Windows - which version are you using? Also, what OS is dm Server running on?

Comment

Putty and DM Server (M5) running on same mashine (Windows XP SP3) for development and testing, and Putty is last version 0.60 (but doesn't work in v0.57 too). FYI, I'm using Putty for SSH connection to Linux (Red Hat 4 Enterprise) and Solaris (SunOs 5.9), and in both cases theres no problem with delete and backspace. I'll install M5 very soon on Red Hat to check dm shell remotely.

Comment

Working...
                  X