Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem trying to follow greenpages tutorial

Hi there, I'm trying to follow the getting started guide at:

http://static.springsource.org/s2-dm...osgi.reference

Under section 4.6, "Referencing Projects and Packages", it says to update the pom.xml for greenpages.web, and that I should then be able to "Quick Fix" the imports for Directory and Listing.

However, after I update the pom.xml, I get the following build error in the problems tab in STS:

Description Resource Path Location Type
    Missing artifact com.springsource.dmserver:greenpages.app:jar:2.0.0 :compile pom.xml /greenpages.web line 1 Maven Problem

I'm new to maven and the maven eclipse plugin, so I don't really know what's going on. I've tried all sorts of things, like "mvn install" in the start/greenpages.app directory, clean builds, rebuilds, etc, but nothing seems to work.

I'm using:

dm-server 2.0.0.M4
    greenpages 2.0.0.RELEASE
    sts-groovy-2.1.0.SR01-e3.5-linux-gtk
    maven 2.2.1

Help!

As a side note, that tutorial needs some love, it is quite difficult to work through if you are not a maven user. There are loads of errors unless you run mvn eclipse:eclipse in numerous places, etc, that I was only able to find out by Google and trial and error.

Also the section on getting greenpages.web to work is quite confusing, because there is no module-context.xml file at all, and things won't work until you add the classpath scan line into the greenpages-servlet.xml file.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Hunter

Hi Hunter.

The various versions you have given should all work together, I'll have a look at this and see what I can find. From the looks of things Greenpages needs another update, I'm sure it will get one as we aproach the 2.0 release of dm Server.

Chris.

Comment

Working...
    X