Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Distributed OSGi with Apache CXF, Service Registry Hooks

Hello.

I have up to this moment used r-OSGi for distribution in my OSGi-application. It works, but doesn't work well.

So when I found Apache CXF - Distributed OSGi I thought I would give it a try, it certainly looks better on paper than r-OSGi.

But when reading on http://cxf.apache.org/distributed-osgi.html it seems that it only works with OSGi-distributions implementing "Service Registry Hooks"

I tried installing the single bundle found on the page in Spring DM Server, but it doesn't deploy because it is missing org.osgi.framework.hooks.service. Doesn't Spring DM Server support this?

Does anyone have any experience with combining these two, or do you have a better suggestion of what to use to distribute an application being run in Spring DM Server.

/Anders

dm Server is built on Equinox which supports the service registry hooks. dm Kerver uses the service registry hooks itself in order to scope services, so I'm surprised that you see this failure. You can take a look at the dm Kernel 2.0 code if you're interested. The class ServiceScopingRegistryHook contains the hooks and the AgentActivator class registers the hooks in the service registry.

I wonder if the CXF code only runs on Felix? Probably best to ask on their forums, but I'd be interested to hear what you discover.

Comment

Working...
    X