Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Unable to locate Spring NamespaceHandler for XML schema namespace Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to locate Spring NamespaceHandler for XML schema namespace

Hi,

I'm just getting started with Spring DM Server and please forgive me if I'm doing something obviously stupid here. I'm still processing all the documentation, blogs and other stuff about Spring DM server, plus I am fairly new to osgi, so there's quite the learning curve.

We have a WAR that I was hoping I would be able to deploy as-is to start (maybe converting to a web module later). Unfortunately, it would not start up due to a dependency on javax.mail.* packages. I was able to get past that by either of two steps: remove the code depending on that package, or make the war look like an osgi bundle by adding the required attributes to manifest.mf along with an import-package for javax.mail and javax.mail.internet.

Both get me past that initial problem, so I am currently pursuing the latter solution (trying to keep the WAR fully functional).

Now I get stuck with a deployment that completes but with an error which shows in the trace logs:
    Code:
    [2009-09-19 12:15:21.100] async-delivery-thread-1         org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.unknown E Context initialization failed
    org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Unable to locate Spring NamespaceHandler for XML schema namespace [http://www.springframework.org/schema/osgi]
    Offending resource: URL [jar:file:R:\bin\springsource\dm-server-1.0.2.SR02\work\equinox-config\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\61\1\bundlefile!/META-INF/spring/web-dm-context.xml]

at org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.FailFastProblemReporter.error(FailFastProblemReporter.java:68)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.ReaderContext.error(ReaderContext.java:85)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.ReaderContext.error(ReaderContext.java:80)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.error(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:281)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1294)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.parseCustomElement(BeanDefinitionParserDelegate.java:1287)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.parseBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:135)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.registerBeanDefinitions(DefaultBeanDefinitionDocumentReader.java:92)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:507)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:398)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:342)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:310)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:143)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:178)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:149)
    	at org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:124)
    	at org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:92)
    	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:123)
    	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.obtainFreshBeanFactory(AbstractApplicationContext.java:422)
    	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:352)
    	at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.createWebApplicationContext(FrameworkServlet.java:402)
    	at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.initWebApplicationContext(FrameworkServlet.java:316)
    	at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.initServletBean(FrameworkServlet.java:282)
    	at org.springframework.web.servlet.HttpServletBean.init(HttpServletBean.java:126)
    	at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:212)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1172)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:992)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:4058)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4371)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:791)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:771)
    	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:525)
    	at com.springsource.server.servlet.tomcat.TomcatServletContainer.addContext(TomcatServletContainer.java:954)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    	at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:307)
    	at org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceInvoker.doInvoke(ServiceInvoker.java:58)
    	at org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.internal.aop.ServiceInvoker.invoke(ServiceInvoker.java:62)
    	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
    	at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.doProceed(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:131)
    	at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.invoke(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:119)
    	at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171)
    	at org.springframework.osgi.service.importer.support.LocalBundleContextAdvice.invoke(LocalBundleContextAdvice.java:59)
    	at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.doProceed(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:131)
    	at org.springframework.aop.support.DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.invoke(DelegatingIntroductionInterceptor.java:119)
    	at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204)
    	at $Proxy92.addContext(Unknown Source)
    	at com.springsource.server.web.core.WebModulePersonality.deploy(WebModulePersonality.java:393)
    	at com.springsource.server.deployer.core.module.AbstractModule.deploy(AbstractModule.java:235)
    	at com.springsource.server.deployer.core.module.StandardModule.onStarted(StandardModule.java:572)
    	at com.springsource.server.deployer.core.module.DeployerBundleListener$2$1.run(DeployerBundleListener.java:148)
    	at com.springsource.server.concurrent.core.ExecutorServiceDelegate$StatisticsGatheringRunnable.run(ExecutorServiceDelegate.java:137)
    	at com.springsource.server.concurrent.core.ServerThreadPoolExecutor$1.run(ServerThreadPoolExecutor.java:145)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886)
    	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
    What's baffling about this is that the offending resource listed is NOT the bundle corresponding to my WAR file. It is the bundle com.springsource.server.web.dm.

I've googled on this and some threads would indicate that there might be multiple spring JARs in the classpath. Well, the old WAR had spring JARs in the WEB-INF/lib folder, so I took them out. I had to end up adding the import-library to the spring dependencies to get deployment to occur again, but still this error persists.

The admin console shows the war to be deployed, and the bundle itself has an active status with no unresolved dependencies. I attached a dump of this from the osgi console in case it is useful.

What might I be missing?

This sounds rather like a bug, albeit one that's specific to something in your application. Can you please open a JIRA and attach your WAR file so that we can look into it?

Comment

Submitting a JIRA with Attached WAR

I probably can. I'm working on refactoring the code and WAR to make a true web module out of it (a PAR) to see if that also shows the problem. I want to get that done first before submitting it - it may be useful information as well as if it still shows the same problem, I can submit that as well as an attachment to the JIRA.

Thanks for your reply,
      Scott

Comment

Thanks, Scott. I'll keep an eye out for the JIRA.

Comment

JIRA Record Created

JIRA record is created.

https://issuetracker.springsource.com/browse/DMS-1567

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X