X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with Apache Tiles

We are working on DM Server Web Project with the Integration of Apache tiles using Spring3.0 m4 and we are getting the following exception at the time of deployment

Can any one help me in solving this issue

I am enclosing my log file as an attachment

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/core/io/support/ResourcePatternResolver
    at org.apache.tiles.servlet.context.wildcard.Wildcard ServletTilesApplicationContextFactory.createApplic ationContext(WildcardServletTilesApplicationContex tFactory.java:50)
    at org.apache.tiles.startup.BasicTilesInitializer.cre ateTilesApplicationContext(BasicTilesInitializer.j ava:71)
    at org.apache.tiles.startup.BasicTilesInitializer.ini tialize(BasicTilesInitializer.java:51)
    at org.springframework.web.servlet.view.tiles2.TilesC onfigurer.afterPropertiesSet(TilesConfigurer.java: 196)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.invokeInitMethods(Abstr actAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1452)
    at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.initializeBean(Abstract AutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:1390)
    ... 126 common frames omitted

Hello,

From what you have said am I right in saying that you have a build of dm Server and you have swapped over the Spring Framework jars for the 3.0.0.M4 ones. If so that is the correct way to get Tiles working untill we upgrade our Spring Framework version. For now you will need to stay with Tiles 2.1.2.osgi. Tiles 2.1.3 will work when we upgrade our Tomcat version.

As for the stacktrace, can you make sure that package org.springframework.core.io is being imported by your bundle in the Manifest. This should be working with the patching framework jars but please be aware of [SJS-44] as some AJAX features are not working with Tiles at present.

Thanks, Chris.

Comment

Hi Chris,
      I am having the same issue, I added all the required bundles to Manifest, still I am having the same problem. Can you please help.

Regards,
      Pramod.

Comment

If you are still getting the ClassNotFound exception when you arn importing the core bundle or core.io.support package then I will need more information. What version of tiles are you trying to use? Dose the server start with no problems with the substituted framework jars?

Could you also show me the config you are using for the Spring TilesConfigurer?

Comment

Hi,
          I am using 2.1.2 version of Apache tiles. Server starts with no issues with substituted framework jars. I am able to deploy and run the application with out tiles.

<bean id="tilesConfigurer" class="org.springframework.web.servlet.view.tiles2 .TilesConfigurer">
          <property name="definitions">
          <list>
          <value>/WEB-INF/tiles.xml</value>
          </list>
          </property>
          </bean>

Comment

Hi,

OK, that all looks good, could you post your manifest as well please. I think your going to have to send me your app so that I can try running it myself. The problem isn't anything obvious. I've looked through that code in the TilesConfigurer and it all makes scense, nothing jumped out at me. I know Jurgen has done some work in there recentely so it is posible you are using new code but I know other people have had tiles working on excately the same setup as you have.

Thanks, Chris.

Comment

Hello,

My current application was with spring 3.0.0.M3 and tiles 2.0.7. There was no problem in writing scriptlets codes in the jsp pages.

But now when I am trying to add spring 3 realease version , it wants tiles2. I have tiles2 and there is no problem in deploying the application.
              But when I am trying a page from browser I am getting the following runtime error in browser.

I am trying a lot. But in vain.
              Can anybody help me?

Thanks,
              --Sid

######

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /view/index.jsp(5,23) Scripting elements ( &lt;%!, &lt;jsp:declaration, &lt;%=, &lt;jsp:expression, &lt;%, &lt;jsp:scriptlet ) are disallowed here.
              org.apache.jasper.compiler.DefaultErrorHandler.jsp Error(DefaultErrorHandler.java:40)
              org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.dispatc h(ErrorDispatcher.java:407)
              org.apache.jasper.compiler.ErrorDispatcher.jspErro r(ErrorDispatcher.java:88)
              org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseElementsScr iptless(Parser.java:1499)
              org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseBody(Parser .java:1678)
              org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseOptionalBod y(Parser.java:1022)
              org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseCustomTag(P arser.java:1290)
              org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseElementsScr iptless(Parser.java:1514)
              org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseBody(Parser .java:1678)
              org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseOptionalBod y(Parser.java:1022)
              org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseCustomTag(P arser.java:1290)
              org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseElements(Pa rser.java:1467)
              org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(Parser.jav a:138)
              org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.doPars e(ParserController.java:216)
              org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse( ParserController.java:103)
              org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava(C ompiler.java:154)
              org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compil er.java:315)
              org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compil er.java:295)
              org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compil er.java:282)
              org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile(Js pCompilationContext.java:586)
              org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.servic e(JspServletWrapper.java:317)
              org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFil e(JspServlet.java:342)
              org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspSe rvlet.java:267)
              javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:717)
              org.springframework.web.servlet.view.InternalResou rceView.renderMergedOutputModel(InternalResourceVi ew.java:239)
              org.springframework.web.servlet.view.AbstractView. render(AbstractView.java:250)
              org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet. render(DispatcherServlet.java:1060)
              org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet. doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:798)
              org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet. doService(DispatcherServlet.java:716)
              org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.p rocessRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:647)
              org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.d oGet(FrameworkServlet.java:552)
              javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:617)
              javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:717)
              org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java :378)
              org.springframework.security.intercept.web.FilterS ecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityIntercepto r.java:109)
              org.springframework.security.intercept.web.FilterS ecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityIntercep tor.java:83)
              org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java :390)
              org.springframework.security.ui.ExceptionTranslati onFilter.doFilterHttp(ExceptionTranslationFilter.j ava:101)
              org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilt er.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
              org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy $VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java :390)
              org.springframework.security.wrapper.SecurityConte xtHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilterHttp(SecurityCo ntextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:91)
              org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilt er.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53)
              org.springframework.security.ui.AbstractProcessing Filter.doFilterHttp(AbstractProcessingFilter.java: 277)
              org.springframework.security.ui.logout.LogoutFilte r.doFilterHttp(LogoutFilter.java:89)
              org.springframework.security.context.HttpSessionCo ntextIntegrationFilter.doFilterHttp(HttpSessionCon textIntegrationFilter.java:235)
              org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy .doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:175)
              org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterPro xy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:237)
              org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterPro xy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:167)

#####

Comment

Hi Sid,

Would it be possible for you to paste in your index.jps, just the relavent parts if it's quite big. There have been issues with Tiles on Spring 3.0 in the past but I believe they are all sorted now.

Also, you don't actually mention that you are running on Spring dm Server, if so can you tell me what version and if not you might want to go and start a new thread in the Spring Developers fourm. (This is the dm Server one).

Thanks, Chris.

Comment

Oh,Sorry...I am going to create a new thread and post.

Comment

Working...
                  X