Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plans

Hi,

I have just started checking the Spring DM server documents.I have the following questions

1. I have three plans, planA(scoped = yes),planB(scoped=yes) and commonPlan(scoped = no).

Can planA and planB access osgi services from commonPlan?

2.I have already deployed planA with some bundles. Using hot deployment can I add one more bundle to planA?

3.Also once you migrate to RFC 66, will ServerOsgiBundleXmlWebApplicationContext support still be available?This can help the web-application to access the OSGi services.

Thanks in advance

regards
    scp

Originally posted by scp View Post
    Hi,
    1. I have three plans, planA(scoped = yes),planB(scoped=yes) and commonPlan(scoped = no).

Can planA and planB access osgi services from commonPlan?
    Yes, they can. Any service that's published from a bundle in an unscoped plan will be available globally.

I should point out that support for unscoped plans has yet to be implemented. We'll be implementing it under DMS-205.

2.I have already deployed planA with some bundles. Using hot deployment can I add one more bundle to planA?
    You can't add a single new bundle to a plan at runtime. However, you could update planA to include the extra bundle, and then hot redeploy planA.

3.Also once you migrate to RFC 66, will ServerOsgiBundleXmlWebApplicationContext support still be available?This can help the web-application to access the OSGi services.
    Yes, it will. Take a look at the shared services war in the latest version of the Formtags sample for an example of how to use ServerOsgiBundleXmlWebApplicationContext in an RFC 66-compliant WAR file.

The migration's already available in the latest nightly builds and will be included in the M3 release of dm Server 2.0.

Comment

Working...
    X