X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting more verbose output about conflicts

Is there any way to get more verbose output for the errors saying that one of my bundles is exporting the same package as a system bundle. Same with errors about a leaf constraint not being satisfied. It just says the package but how do I know out of my 30 bundles which leaf happens to need that package or which one exports that package?

Also, is there any good way to go about solving these types of issues? I have bundles that rely on a certain version of the other package. I am assuming I should go about versioning all of the export packages and import packages to get them to explicitly import the ones that I need. Sounds like a difficult task

Those diagnostic messages should say which bundle has the problem. Please could you paste the messages here for us to discuss?

In general, we can't point at a specific export when diagnosing an unsatisfied leaf constraint. Firstly, there isn't a match. Secondly, there might be multiple unmatching candidates. So using the Equinox console or the STS equivalents (plus the dependency graphing functions) is the best approach for analysing bundles that have already been resolved.

As for coding imports and exports with appropriate ranges, I'd recommend using bundlor and coding appropriate template.mf values.

Comment

Working...
    X