X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ivy configuration

I am attempting to setup an ivy configuration for our projects that will work seamlessly with SpringSource's Enterprise Bundle Repository, but not sure I got it right. I tried to model it after the dm Server samples: using "provided->compile" for bundles that don't come standard with dm Server and "dm-server-provided->compile" for bundles that do. The problem I'm running into is with importing the org.springframework.security.providers.cas bundle. The "provided->compile" ivy configuration causes the resolve to bring in the spring library (which is not necessary as it comes with dm Server). Is there a more appropriate way to work with the Enterprise Bundle Repository using ivy?

Here is the line in the ivy file:
    <dependency org="org.springframework.security" name="org.springframework.security.providers.cas" rev="2.0.4.A" conf="provided->compile" />

Thank you.

Unfortunately, this is a general problem with transitive dependency management and there's no nice way to get the behaviour that you'd like.

In your situation, I think I'd use a nested <exclude> in your Spring Security dependency declaration to stop it from pulling in the various Spring jars upon which Spring Security depends.

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply. That will do the trick.

Comment

Working...
      X