X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axis2 Integration with the Spring OSGI

Hi, is it possible to integrate axis2 and spring dm? I want to migrate my project using axis 2 webservice integrated with spring framework to spring osgi and deploy in spring dm. Thank you very much.
    Last edited by rgam; Mar 26th, 2009, 06:44 AM.

Why not.
    OSGified versions of Axis JARs are already available from S2 Repo http://www.springsource.com/reposito...rch?query=axis
    But even if they weren't there is a lot of things that could be done.
    You might want to elaborate on your question a bit

Comment

Thanks for replying. What I want to do is to migrate my application to "shared-lib war" then deploy it on spring dm. My problem is the directory structure of my webapps when I migrate it to "shared-lib war".

Below is my application directory structure. What is the directory structure if I migrate it to "shared-lib war". Thank you very much.

webapps
      |_ sample
      |_ axis2-web
      |_ css
      |_ images
      |_ js
      |_ lib
      |_ META-INF
      |_ WEB -INF
      |_ conf
      |_ lib
      |_ modules
      |_ sevices
      |_ sample
      | |_ META-INF
      | |_ services.xml
      |_ web.xml
      |_ <some html files>

Comment

Well, normally I would say remove all the dependencies from the WEB-INF/lib and substitute them with Import-Bundle/Import-Package statements in your MEAT-INF/MANIFEST.MF which should be a quick and easy process. . . so I tried to do it but there seem to be a bug which I am still investigating:

Code:
        Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException
        	at org.eclipse.osgi.service.resolver.VersionRange.<init>(VersionRange.java:64)
        	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.resolver.StateBuilder.getVersionRange(StateBuilder.java:520)
        	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.resolver.StateBuilder.addImportPackages(StateBuilder.java:264)
        	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.resolver.StateBuilder.createImportPackages(StateBuilder.java:243)
        I have to see what bundle is causing it. I'll let you know and open JIRA issues once I get more info.

Comment

Thank you for the effort in helping me out.

I have another question regarding the thread. What if I create 2 bundle projects. Bundle A holds all of my applications (src, webapps etc), while bundle B holds all my jar files (lets assume we will not use the spring dm's bundles, lib, packages.). Inside my bundle B has a lib folder, I copied all my jar files there then I add to build path all the jar files. All my jar files are now referenced libraries.

How can bundle A see the jars in bundle B?

Comment

Well. . . everything is possible. . . it is Java code after all , but here i the thought
            You can swim against the current, you can swim with no current or you can swim with the current.
            Of the top of my head you could implement some plumbing code to make class loader of bundle A available to bundle B
            Code:
            BundleContext.getBundle(..).getClass().getClassLoader()
            You could probably do it simpler by throwing all your JARs in the ext or lib directory of your JVM and modify the bootdelegation option to make them visible to the bootstrap loader

In any event IMHO this will be an example of swimming against the current.
            This architecture would go against the main principles of OSGi. . . modularity, isolation, versioning etc. . . . which would raise another question, why bother with OSGi in the first place.
            I am a bit closer in figuring out this issue. I already know there is a problem with one of the dependent bundles which I am trying to track down. I'll keep you posted.

Comment

Hi Oleg, you are right, it will go against the main principles of OSGI. I'll rephrase my question again for more clarification. I want to migrate my Standard WAR file that is using Axis2 framework to Shared-libraries WAR file.

Comment

axis2,osgi and xmlbeans

Hi everyone

im quite new at osgi. Im trying to develop and web service using axis2 and osgi. I found the way to do in some post. At the begining i was able to develop different examples.
                The problem appeared when I tried to return datatypes from a lib that is made using xmlbeans datatype.
                I obtain the following error:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi 4 0 2010-04-21 17:25:15.062

!MESSAGE An unexpected runtime error has occurred.

!STACK 0

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/namespace/QName

at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.ja va:2395)

at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods(Class.java:1763 )

at java.beans.Introspector$1.run(Introspector.java:12 80)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.beans.Introspector.getPublicDeclaredMethods(I ntrospector.java:1278)

at java.beans.Introspector.getTargetMethodInfo(Intros pector.java:1144)

at java.beans.Introspector.getBeanInfo(Introspector.j ava:402)

at java.beans.Introspector.getBeanInfo(Introspector.j ava:166)

at java.beans.Introspector.getBeanInfo(Introspector.j ava:227)

at java.beans.Introspector.getBeanInfo(Introspector.j ava:215)

at org.apache.axis2.description.java2wsdl.DefaultSche maGenerator.generateSchema(DefaultSchemaGenerator. java:545)

at org.apache.axis2.description.java2wsdl.DefaultSche maGenerator.generateSchemaforFieldsandProperties(D efaultSchemaGenerator.java:691)

at org.apache.axis2.description.java2wsdl.DefaultSche maGenerator.generateSchema(DefaultSchemaGenerator. java:555)

at org.apache.axis2.description.java2wsdl.DefaultSche maGenerator.generateSchemaforFieldsandProperties(D efaultSchemaGenerator.java:693)

at org.apache.axis2.description.java2wsdl.DefaultSche maGenerator.generateSchema(DefaultSchemaGenerator. java:555)

at org.apache.axis2.description.java2wsdl.DefaultSche maGenerator.generateSchemaforFieldsandProperties(D efaultSchemaGenerator.java:691)

at org.apache.axis2.description.java2wsdl.DefaultSche maGenerator.generateSchemaforFieldsandProperties(D efaultSchemaGenerator.java:693)

at org.apache.axis2.description.java2wsdl.DefaultSche maGenerator.generateSchemaForType(DefaultSchemaGen erator.java:862)

at org.apache.axis2.description.java2wsdl.DefaultSche maGenerator.processMethods(DefaultSchemaGenerator. java:356)

at org.apache.axis2.description.java2wsdl.DefaultSche maGenerator.generateSchema(DefaultSchemaGenerator. java:252)

at org.apache.axis2.description.AxisService.createSer vice(AxisService.java:2347)

at org.apache.axis2.description.AxisService.createSer vice(AxisService.java:2304)

at org.apache.axis2.osgi.deployment.tracker.WSTracker .createWS(WSTracker.java:139)

at org.apache.axis2.osgi.deployment.tracker.WSTracker .access$000(WSTracker.java:42)

at org.apache.axis2.osgi.deployment.tracker.WSTracker $1.serviceChanged(WSTracker.java:71)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.Filtered ServiceListener.serviceChanged(FilteredServiceList ener.java:104)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleCon textImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:933)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.d ispatchEvent(EventManager.java:227)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue. dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:149)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceR egistry.publishServiceEventPrivileged(ServiceRegis try.java:755)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceR egistry.publishServiceEvent(ServiceRegistry.java:7 10)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceR egistrationImpl.register(ServiceRegistrationImpl.j ava:129)

at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.serviceregistry.ServiceR egistry.registerService(ServiceRegistry.java:206)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleCon textImpl.registerService(BundleContextImpl.java:50 7)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleCon textImpl.registerService(BundleContextImpl.java:52 5)

at org.slasoi.businessManager.WS.internal.Activator.s tart(Activator.java:22)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleCon textImpl$1.run(BundleContextImpl.java:783)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleCon textImpl.startActivator(BundleContextImpl.java:774 )

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleCon textImpl.start(BundleContextImpl.java:755)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHos t.startWorker(BundleHost.java:352)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractB undle.resume(AbstractBundle.java:370)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework .resumeBundle(Framework.java:1068)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLeve lManager.resumeBundles(StartLevelManager.java:557)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLeve lManager.incFWSL(StartLevelManager.java:464)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLeve lManager.doSetStartLevel(StartLevelManager.java:24 8)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.StartLeve lManager.dispatchEvent(StartLevelManager.java:445)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.d ispatchEvent(EventManager.java:227)

at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$E ventThread.run(EventManager.java:337)

I tried to add the dependency to the Meta-inf archive and as the dependency:
                <dependency>

<groupId>org.apache.xmlbeans</groupId>

<artifactId>xmlbeans-qname</artifactId>

<version>2.4.0</version>

</dependency>

but it didn't work.

Have anyone got any idea about the mistake, or i dont know if it is possible to do it?

thanks in advance.

Ablerto.

Comment

configuring services.xml to access services registered by other bundles

Hi All,

I am trying to migrate an application using Axis2 services to Spring DM based OSGi application.

I have created separate bundles for the services and for the web i have the war file which is marked with bundle nature.

All the bundles and war file are packaged in PAR. The server is able start all the bundles.

I have created the applicationContext.xml file to refer to service exposed in the bundles. I have kept all axis libraries as is in the lib folder to start with .
                  I also have the services and modules folder in the WEB-INF folder and I am deploying the aar files to the services folder

I am now finding problem to access my exisiting service defined in a aar file
                  The had integrated Spring and Axis2 for writing this service

Following are the details of applicationContext.xml and services.xml

applicationContext.xml ->

<beans:beans xmlns="http://www.springframework.org/schema/osgi"
                  xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
                  xmlns:beans="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans"
                  xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans
                  http://www.springframework.org/schem...-beans-2.5.xsd
                  http://www.springframework.org/schema/osgi
                  http://www.springframework.org/schema/osgi/spring-osgi.xsd">

<reference id="journalEntryService"
                  interface="be.healthconnect.timestamping.service.j ournalentry.JournalEntryManager" />

</beans:beans>

services.xml->

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<service name="JournalEntryService" provider="java:RPC">
                  <description>
                  This is a Journal Entry service. Its allows to manage Journal Entries in Buffer Database
                  </description>
                  <parameter name="ServiceObjectSupplier" locked="false">org.apache.axis2.extensions.spring. receivers.SpringServletContextObjectSupplier</parameter>
                  <parameter name="SpringBeanName" locked="false">journalEntryService</parameter>
                  <!-- parameter name="ServiceClass">com.healthconnect.service.jour nalentry.impl.JournalEntryManagerImpl</parameter> -->
                  <operation name="addJournalEntry">
                  <actionMapping>urn:addJournalEntry</actionMapping>
                  <messageReceiver class="org.apache.axis2.rpc.receivers.RPCMessageRe ceiver" />
                  </operation>
                  <excludeOperations>
                  <operation>setJournalDAO</operation>
                  </excludeOperations>
                  </service>

When I try to list service details I find the service as faulty and Axis gives the following error

Error: org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: The following error occurred during schema generation: Class Not found : $Proxy161 at org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.Archiv eReader.processServiceGroup(ArchiveReader.java:150 ) at org.apache.axis2.deployment.ServiceDeployer.deploy (ServiceDeployer.java:81) at org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.Deploy mentFileData.deploy(DeploymentFileData.java:136) at org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.doDep loy(DeploymentEngine.java:659) at org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.WSInfo List.update(WSInfoList.java:144) at org.apache.axis2.deployment.RepositoryListener.upd ate(RepositoryListener.java:337) at org.apache.axis2.deployment.RepositoryListener.che ckServices(RepositoryListener.java:241) at org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentEngine.loadS ervices(DeploymentEngine.java:131) at org.apache.axis2.deployment.WarBasedAxisConfigurat or.loadServices(WarBasedAxisConfigurator.java:284) at org.apache.axis2.context.ConfigurationContextFacto ry.createConfigurationContext(ConfigurationContext Factory.java:95) at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.initCo nfigContext(AxisServlet.java:525) at org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet.init(A xisServlet.java:443) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServl et(StandardWrapper.java:1173) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(Stan dardWrapper.java:993) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnSta rtup(StandardContext.java:4198) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(Sta ndardContext.java:4512) at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInt ernal(ContainerBase.java:791) at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(Co ntainerBase.java:771) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(Sta ndardHost.java:526) at com.springsource.osgi.webcontainer.tomcat.internal .TomcatServletContainer.startWebApplication(Tomcat ServletContainer.java:119) at com.springsource.osgi.webcontainer.internal.Standa rdWebApplication.start(StandardWebApplication.java :89) at com.springsource.server.web.core.internal.WebBundl eLifecycleListener.onStarted(WebBundleLifecycleLis tener.java:130) at com.springsource.kernel.install.artifact.internal. ArtifactStateMonitor.onStarted(ArtifactStateMonito r.java:215) at com.springsource.kernel.install.artifact.internal. AbstractInstallArtifact.asyncStartSucceeded(Abstra ctInstallArtifact.java:281) at com.springsource.kernel.install.artifact.internal. AbstractInstallArtifact.access$0(AbstractInstallAr tifact.java:278) at com.springsource.kernel.install.artifact.internal. AbstractInstallArtifact$StateMonitorSignal.signalS uccessfulCompletion(AbstractInstallArtifact.java:2 31) at com.springsource.kernel.core.internal.BundleStartT racker$1.run(BundleStartTracker.java:150) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run Task(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run (ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619) Caused by: org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: The following error occurred during schema generation: Class Not found : $Proxy161 at org.apache.axis2.deployment.ServiceBuilder.populat eService(ServiceBuilder.java:431) at org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.Archiv eReader.buildServiceGroup(ArchiveReader.java:101) at org.apache.axis2.deployment.repository.util.Archiv eReader.processServiceGroup(ArchiveReader.java:143 ) ... 29 more Caused by: org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentException: The following error occurred during schema generation: Class Not found : $Proxy161 at org.apache.axis2.deployment.ServiceBuilder.populat eService(ServiceBuilder.java:394) ... 31 more Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class Not found : $Proxy161 at org.apache.axis2.deployment.DeploymentClassLoader. findClass(DeploymentClassLoader.java:86) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:3 07) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:2 52) at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoade r.java:320) at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method) at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:247) at org.apache.axis2.description.java2wsdl.DefaultSche maGenerator.(DefaultSchemaGenerator.java:136) at org.apache.axis2.deployment.util.Utils.fillAxisSer vice(Utils.java:499) at org.apache.axis2.deployment.ServiceBuilder.populat eService(ServiceBuilder.java:386) ... 31 more

I think I need to make some changes in services.xml file but I am not getting any information on this anywhere. Can someone please guide me?

Thanks & Regards
                  Nitin Gupta

Comment

Working...
                  X