Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dependency issue

Hey,

I am playing around with the Spring DM server, and it looks good, however I am facing some issues.

I have made a SpringWS application that uses SpringWS bundles provided in the Spring bundle repository, and that worked fine. However, the bundles are in a older version 1.5.5.A, while the newest is 1.5.6. So to experiment with the flexibility of this OSGI/Bundle concept, I have now tried to use the standard SpringWS jars from the maven repository, but the application fails to deploy with the following error:

PHP Code:
    Cannot resolveSpringWSBundleTest
      Resolver report
    :

BundleSpringWSBundleTest_1.0.0 Missing ConstraintImport-Packageorg.springframework.oxmversion="0.0.0" 
    I really don't understand what this error means.

My manifest file looks like this:
    PHP Code:
    Manifest-Version1.0
    Bundle
    -Version1.0.0
    Bundle
    -NameSpringWS BundleTest
    Bundle
    -ManifestVersion2
    Bundle
    -SymbolicNameSpringWSBundleTest
    Import
    -Bundleorg.springframework.bundle.ws.core;version="[1.5.6,1.5.6]",

org.springframework.bundle.ws.core-tiger;version="[1.5.6,1.5.6]",

org.springframework.bundle.ws.oxm;version="[1.5.6,1.5.6]",

org.springframework.bundle.ws.oxm-tiger;version="[1.5.6,1.5.6]"
    Import-Libraryorg.springframework.spring;version="2.5.6.A" 
    I tried to add the
    Import-Package: org.springframework.oxm; version="[1.5.5.A,1.5.5.A]", but no luck.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tor

Where did you put the 1.5.6 jars? Are they in the repository/bundles/usr directory? And did you remove the 1.5.5.A jars?
    I also noticed that the jars from the WS distro (i.e. not from the Bundle Repository) don't specify versions for the exported packages: only the bundle has a version. No sure why that is, but I would check the installed bundles and their state by connecting to the Equinox console using telnet and using the ss command to see what bundles are actually loaded.

Comment

I placed the jars in the bundles/usr directory. I did not remove the 1.5.5.A, as that would somehow defy the very purpose of using OSGI in the first place...

Yes, I also verified that the bundles do not have the version on the exports, which I guess is strange.

I checked the state of the four bundles and they are RESOLVED.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
        Yes, I also verified that the bundles do not have the version on the exports, which I guess is strange.
        This sounds like a bug in Spring-WS. Can you please open a JIRA for the exported packages being unversioned.
        I checked the state of the four bundles and they are RESOLVED.
        The packages command in the telnet console should be useful here. Typing:

Code:
        packages org.springframework.oxm
        will show you each bundle that exports the oxm package, along with any bundles that have imports wired to the export.

Comment

This is strange. I removed the 1.5.5.A version from usr directory as you indicated, and now I have different situation. When deploying the same application I get:
          PHP Code:
           Cannot resolveSpringWSBundleTest
            Resolver report
          :

BundleSpringWSBundleTest_1.0.0 Missing ConstraintImport-Packageorg.springframework.oxmversion="0.0.0"

Bundleorg.springframework.bundle.ws.oxm_1.5.6 Missing ConstraintImport-Packageorg.springframework.xmlversion="0.0.0"

Bundleorg.springframework.bundle.ws.core_1.5.6 Missing ConstraintImport-Packageorg.springframework.oxmversion="0.0.0" 
          And the four bundes are in INSTALLED state...

Anyways, I guess the main problem is the Spring-WS bug. I filed a Jira, so I hope this might fix the problem.

Thanks for your help.

Tor

Comment

Working...
          X