Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSGI Bundle Uses Conflict, Possible Supplier?

All,

My bundle is importing org.springframework.web.context.support for use
    which can be found in bundle:
    org.springframework.web_2.5.5.A.jar supplied by spring-dm server.

However I get the following error

[2008-10-17 16:33:22.866] fs-watcher <SPDE0018E> Unable to install application from location 'file:/C:/development/springsource-dm-serve
    r-1.0.0.RELEASE/pickup/da-web-all-0.0.2-SNAPSHOT.jar'. Could not satisfy constraints for bundle 'com.da.da-web-all' at version '0.0.2.SNAPSHOT'.
    Cannot resolve: com.da.da-web-all
    Resolver report:
    Bundle: com.da.da-web-all_0.0.2.SNAPSHOT - Uses Conflict: Import-Package: org.springframework.web.context.support; version="2.5.5.A"
    Possible Supplier: org.springframework.web_2.5.5.A - Export-Package: org.springframework.web.context.support; version="2.5.5.A"
    Possible Conflicts: org.springframework.beans.factory.support,javax.se rvlet,org.springframework.ui.context,org.springfra mework.core.io,org.spr
    ingframework.beans,org.springframework.context,org .springframework.beans.factory.xml,org.springframe work.core.io.support,org.springframework.beans.fac
    tory.config,org.springframework.web.context,javax. servlet.http
    Once I did the work to remove that feature since I figured, I wanted to get the web bundle deployed asap.

I ran into:

[2008-10-17 17:20:20.403] fs-watcher <SPDE0018E> Unable to install application from location 'file:/C:/development/springsource-dm-serve
    r-1.0.0.RELEASE/pickup/da-web-all-0.0.2-SNAPSHOT.jar'. Could not satisfy constraints for bundle 'com.da.da-web-all' at version '0.0.2.SNAPSHOT'.
    Resolver report:
    Bundle: com.da.da-web-all_0.0.2.SNAPSHOT - Uses Conflict: Import-Package: org.exolab.castor.xml; version="1.1.2"
    Possible Supplier: com.springsource.org.castor_1.1.2 - Export-Package: org.exolab.castor.xml; version="1.1.2"
    Possible Conflicts: org.exolab.castor.mapping.xml,org.exolab.castor.ut il,org.castor.mapping,org.exolab.castor.mapping,or g.exolab.castor.xml.lo
    cation,org.xml.sax.helpers,org.w3c.dom,org.xml.sax ,org.exolab.castor.mapping.loader

Any ideas? Why is it detecting conflicts? Anything I can do about it?
    The package and the version match...

Originally posted by eric_gulatee View Post
    [2008-10-17 16:33:22.866] fs-watcher <SPDE0018E> Unable to install application from location 'file:/C:/development/springsource-dm-serve
    Resolver report:
    Bundle: com.da.da-web-all_0.0.2.SNAPSHOT - Uses Conflict: Import-Package: org.springframework.web.context.support; version="2.5.5.A"
    Possible Supplier: org.springframework.web_2.5.5.A - Export-Package: org.springframework.web.context.support; version="2.5.5.A"
    Possible Conflicts: org.springframework.beans.factory.support,javax.se rvlet,org.springframework.ui.context,org.springfra mework.core.io,org.spr
    ingframework.beans,org.springframework.context,org .springframework.beans.factory.xml,org.springframe work.core.io.support,org.springframework.beans.fac
    tory.config,org.springframework.web.context,javax. servlet.http
    This error indicates that the bundle com.da.da-web-all cannot import the package org.springframework.web.context.support because the com.da.da-web-all bundle imports a different version of one of the packages that is used by the org.springframework.web.context.support package. The list of possible conflicts details all of the packages which are used by the org.springframework.web.context.support package. It is one of these packages which will be in conflict.
    [2008-10-17 17:20:20.403] fs-watcher <SPDE0018E> Unable to install application from location 'file:/C:/development/springsource-dm-serve
    Resolver report:
    Bundle: com.da.da-web-all_0.0.2.SNAPSHOT - Uses Conflict: Import-Package: org.exolab.castor.xml; version="1.1.2"
    Possible Supplier: com.springsource.org.castor_1.1.2 - Export-Package: org.exolab.castor.xml; version="1.1.2"
    Possible Conflicts: org.exolab.castor.mapping.xml,org.exolab.castor.ut il,org.castor.mapping,org.exolab.castor.mapping,or g.exolab.castor.xml.lo
    cation,org.xml.sax.helpers,org.w3c.dom,org.xml.sax ,org.exolab.castor.mapping.loader
    This error indicates that the bundle com.da.da-web-all cannot import the package org.exolab.castor.xml because the com.da.da-web-all bundle imports a different version of one of the packages that is used by the org.exolab.castor.xml package. The list of possible conflicts details all of the packages which are used by the org.exolab.castor.xml package. It is one of these packages which will be in conflict.

The easiest way to get to the bottom of a uses conflict is to use the Equinox console (telnet port 2401) to determine which of the possible conflicts is the actual offender. You're looking for a package in the list of possible conflicts that is imported by both of the bundles involved but at different versions. In the first case it's the com.da.da-web-all and org.springframework.web bundles in which you're interested. In the second case it's the com.da.da-web-all and com.springsource.org.castor bundles. The bundle and packages command will probably be of the most use to you.

Comment

Since diagnosing "uses" conflicts is likely to be a recurring theme for users of dm Server, I posted a blog which attempts to provide the necessary background.

Comment

Thanks to both for the detailed explanation and blog entry.

Much appreciate & very useful.

Comment

Working...
        X