Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring DM & OSGI

All,

I configured spring-dm server to point to my maven2 repository as per a springsource FAQ.

I really like this feature, since if you use ivy and maven and use the springsource enterprise bundle repo, you point to your local maven repo and voila.

However..

When I try to deploy a user built jar to the pickups directory [Which is also in the local maven repo] it fails.

I get a duplicatebundleexception... [I can't post the strack trace since it seems to believe it's a URL]

However when I telnet into the equinox osgi at port 2401, I don't seem to see the bundle. So I'm kinda confused.
    I would like to be able to forcefully drop a bundle that's already in my repo and that should take precedence on the fact spring-dm-server finds it in the maven repo.

Cheers,
    Eric Gulatee

Originally posted by eric_gulatee View Post
    I get a duplicatebundleexception... [I can't post the strack trace since it seems to believe it's a URL]

However when I telnet into the equinox osgi at port 2401, I don't seem to see the bundle. So I'm kinda confused.
    I may be able to shed some light on your confusion. In general, deployment failures cause the deployed application or bundle to be uninstalled, which is why it wouldn't be visible on the Equinox console.

In this particular case, the problem is likely to be more basic. OSGi does not support the installation of two bundles with identical bundle symbolic names and identical bundle versions, so the install phase of deployment is what failed here (and you definitely won't see the 'duplicate' bundle on the Equinox console).

Comment

Originally posted by Glyn Normington View Post
      I may be able to shed some light on your confusion. In general, deployment failures cause the deployed application or bundle to be uninstalled, which is why it wouldn't be visible on the Equinox console.

In this particular case, the problem is likely to be more basic. OSGi does not support the installation of two bundles with identical bundle symbolic names and identical bundle versions, so the install phase of deployment is what failed here (and you definitely won't see the 'duplicate' bundle on the Equinox console).
      Okay that makes sense.
      However it would just be nice to handle a situation where you are deploying your own application to the local maven repository that is in the provisioning search path.

For example:
      I build my app using maven. [All dependencies and my own jars are in the maven repo] Is there any way to dynamically install/reload from that location? Because if I take my own jar (Also in maven repo) and dump it into the pickup directory, it will fail with the duplicate bundle exception.

Cheers,
      Eric G.

Comment

That's not currently supported, but I'll make a note of the use case as we envisage making some improvements in that area in a future release.

Comment

Working...
        X