Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• web extender confusion

Hi,

I have been trying to wrap my head around deploying web apps in the dmServer, and have a question.

From what I have gathered so far, web apps based on say Tapestry or GWT can run into issues depending on how classloading is performed within the respective frameworks. Does the web extender allow me to deploy such a web app in something that looks more like stock tomcat, which would then have classloading supported as those frameworks expect, so I could deploy them within the dmServer?

I realize that is confusing, but I hope my question is decipherable. Bottom line is we have Tapestry and GWT based web apps, and I would like to start by deploying them with as few changes as possible into the dmServer, and then start refactoring out osgi compatible bundles/modules.

Hi Craig,

When you say "web extender" I assume you mean the web extender provided by Spring-DM. Please note that the dm Server does not use the web extender support provided by Spring-DM.

Rather, the dm Server provides out-of-the-box support for web deployments via the Web Personality. This includes support for standard Java EE WARs, Shared Libraries WARs, Shared Services WARs, and Web Modules. For more information, please consult the Programmer Guide and check out the sample applications.

Regards,

Sam

Comment

Working...
    X