X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpringSource dm Server 2.0.0.M1

I'm pleased to announce that SpringSource dm Server 2.0.0.M1 is now available. Please see the dm Server page for more information about this release.

This release is the first milestone of the dm Server 2.0.0 line. Please see the Issue Tracker and the SpringSource Team Blog for details of what has been done and what is scheduled to be done. Please vote on existing issues and open new issues where needed.

Greate News, I just downloaded the milestone

I have one question about the roadmap. Will the dm server 2.0 use spring 3.0 as standard spring bundle or 2.5.x? I found nothing about it in Jira and the m1 zip contains spring 2.5.6

Comment

Thanks for trying out 2.0!

We're hoping to move to Spring 3.0 as part of our current sprint which ends in 3 weeks time. There's a task for this in the DMS JIRA: DMS-404.

Comment

Modular web applications support

Is there any time frame for Modular web applications support in SpringSource DM 2.0 ?

Also will it support other toolkits like GWT ?

Can we have modular web services exposed in SpringSource DM 2.0 ?

Comment

Differences between version 1.x and 2.x

Hi

I would like to know what are differences between 1.x and 2.x versions of the dm Server? Major aspects are sufficient.

Thank you

-H

Comment

Hugo,

check out Rob's blog post announcing dm Server 2.0 M1 at http://blog.springsource.com/2009/04...-server-20-m1/.

Let us know if the post provides the information you are looking for.

Christian

Comment

The blog is informative but I was looking for a simple table with what is available in version 1 vs what is available in version 2. The User Guide and Developer Guide in both versions look the same except for the fact that the version number is different and block formatting is not used in the version 2 docks.

I am trying to figure out if I should stick with version 1 of the server + Spring 2.5 or do I jump ahead and use version 2 of the server and build using Spring 2.5 ? Is there a upgrade procedure or list of gotchas I should be aware of as I move eventually up the version numbers? Are there differences in the way OSGi (Equinox) bundles are handled? Are the Spring IDE tools geared for one version of the server and not another?

Comment

Working...
              X