X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpringSource Application Platform 1.0.0.beta8 Available

I'm pleased to announce that the SpringSource Application Platform 1.0.0.beta8 is now available. Please go to the Downloads section of the SpringSource Application Platform site to download. Two distribution options are available:

Option A: Free, SpringSource-licensed binaries
    Option B: Free, GPL-licensed source

This release includes the following fixes/enhancements:

* Improved diagnostics for class loading errors
    * Resolved issue with race that caused random TimeoutException on application deploy
    * All Tomcat connectors are now supported in the servlet container configuration
    * Improvements to Repository refresh performance
    * Resolved issue where undeployed applications weren't cleaned up correctly
    * Provided a mechanism for users to configure application trace
    * Added diagnostics for applications with long service waits
    * Upgraded to Equinox 3.4
    * Upgraded to Spring Framework 2.5.5.A
    * Improvement to preserve the order of hot-deployed artifacts
    * Applications deployed using the hot deployer can now be undeployed from the Admin Console
    * Hot deployed applications will start in deployment order after Platform restart

This release requires an update to version 1.0.0.beta_v200807010800 or later of the SpringSource Application Platform tools.

SpringSource Application Platform 1.0.0.beta8 Available

Good stuff !

Is there any indication of a when this will turn into a release ? I ask because I am evaluating OSGI/S2AP as a new deployment option for our company (currently we have development Websphere servers that are creaking at the knees due to library bloat).

Also are there training courses lined up that combine Spring Dynamic Modules and developing for S2AP, and S2AP management courses (for the techies who have to deploy and manage live apps) ?

Comment

SpringSource Application Platform 1.0.0.beta8 Available

A range of S2AP training courses are in development. The schedules and locations will be announced soon but we are looking at Q3 for the final release.

Let me know if you have any specific training requirements in the meanwhile as we provide onsite customised training and consulting. This is especially useful in the early stages of a project.

Regards,

Greg Southey
      GM, Training
      SpringSource

Comment

Working...
      X