X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SpringSource Application Platform 1.0.0.beta2

I'm pleased to announce that the SpringSource Application 1.0.0.beta2 is now available. Please go to the Downloads section of this site to find it. This release focuses on improvements for:

* Improved Error Reporting When A Module Fails to Start
    * Tooling Support for Importing System-Bundle packages
    * Tooling Support for Deploying WAR files
    * User Guide Documentation
    * Port 2401 clashes

In addition to the new version of AP, there is an updated version of the petclinic sample app (1.0.1.RELEASE) also available on the download page.

SpringSource Application Platform 1.0.0.beta2

That and the fact that the server suddenly comes in two different downloadable units because of licensing conflicts between GPL v3 and EPL (I guess).
    How do you intend to deal with that in the future? Because this installation process is a bit cumbersome, all the more so as the user guide has net been updated yet (as of now).

Comment

Sorry about not mentioning the split of the zip files. Actually the zip has been split into two for over a week, but as there was no actual code change, no announcement was made. I also just checked the user guide [http://static.springsource.com/projects/s2ap/1.0.0.beta2/user-guide/html/ch01s02.html] and it does mention how to install the product using both zip files.

I'm actually the person responsible for keeping the published artifacts up to date and I can say that they haven't been changed since I posted this announcement. It's possible that you might be looking at an older, cached copy of the user guide in your browser. As there have been numerous improvements to it, you might want to make sure that you're looking at the most up to date version of the guide.

Comment

Hello,
        I can confirm that the S2AP distribution split was there before the Beta 2 Announcement (but not from the beginning though )

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X