Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Parameter in a native @Query not recognized depending on environments Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parameter in a native @Query not recognized depending on environments

Hi,
    I've got a problem with passing parameters to a native query in spring jpa. The code itself is this one:

Code:
      @Query(value="SELECT max(p.code) FROM ReferralAccount p WHERE p.code REGEXP CONCAT((?1),'[0-9?]')", nativeQuery=true)
        String getMaxCode(String code);
    The problem that i am facing is that depending on the execution environment, the application works properly or it crashes. If I run the application from my local, it works ok, byt if i run it from an Amazon ec2 server, the code crashes with the following stack trace:

Code:
    org.springframework.dao.InvalidDataAccessApiUsageException: Name must not be null or empty!; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Name must not be null or empty!
    org.springframework.orm.jpa.EntityManagerFactoryUtils.convertJpaAccessExceptionIfPossible(EntityManagerFactoryUtils.java:384)
    org.springframework.orm.jpa.vendor.HibernateJpaDialect.translateExceptionIfPossible(HibernateJpaDialect.java:157)
    org.springframework.orm.jpa.AbstractEntityManagerFactoryBean.translateExceptionIfPossible(AbstractEntityManagerFactoryBean.java:417)
    org.springframework.dao.support.ChainedPersistenceExceptionTranslator.translateExceptionIfPossible(ChainedPersistenceExceptionTranslator.java:59)
    org.springframework.dao.support.DataAccessUtils.translateIfNecessary(DataAccessUtils.java:213)
    org.springframework.dao.support.PersistenceExceptionTranslationInterceptor.invoke(PersistenceExceptionTranslationInterceptor.java:147)
    org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:179)
    org.springframework.data.jpa.repository.support.LockModeRepositoryPostProcessor$LockModePopulatingMethodIntercceptor.invoke(LockModeRepositoryPostProcessor.java:92)
    org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:179)
    org.springframework.aop.interceptor.ExposeInvocationInterceptor.invoke(ExposeInvocationInterceptor.java:92)
    org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:207)
    com.sun.proxy.$Proxy42.getMaxCode(Unknown Source)
    com.lodgeo.service.ReferralAccountServiceImpl.getReferralCode(ReferralAccountServiceImpl.java:26)
    com.lodgeo.referral.rest.endpoint.ReferralEndpointImpl.getReferralAccount(ReferralEndpointImpl.java:193)
    sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
    sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:622)
    org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.invoke(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:215)
    org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.invokeForRequest(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:132)
    org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.invokeAndHandle(ServletInvocableHandlerMethod.java:104)
    org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.invokeHandleMethod(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:749)
    org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.annotation.RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.handleInternal(RequestMappingHandlerAdapter.java:689)
    org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.method.AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.handle(AbstractHandlerMethodAdapter.java:83)
    org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:938)
    org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:870)
    org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:961)
    org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:852)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:620)
    org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.service(FrameworkServlet.java:837)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)

In both environments I've got the same version of tomcat and mariaDB. Any clue of what could be happening? Thanks in advance!

The NATIVE-QUERY example in the docs[1] uses initial index of ZERO. Maybe that can be the problem - just a guess of course!

[1] http://docs.spring.io/spring-data/jp...thods.at-query

Comment

• jmoyano
      jmoyano commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry, that was a typo. II tried also with ?0 but doesn't seems to work. I finally make it work by changing it to:
      `@Param("param")` and pass it to the query with `: param`
Working...
X