Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Spring Modules forum decommissioned in favor of Spring Extensions

As the Spring Modules project has been replaced by the Spring Extensions (http://www.springsource.org/extensions) project, this forum has been decommissioned in favour of Spring Extensions one at:
http://forum.springsource.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44

Please see the Spring Extensions home page for a complete list of current projects in Java, .NET and ActionScript. You can also propose one if you want.

Cheers,
Costin Leau
SpringSource - http://www.SpringSource.com- Spring Training, Consulting, and Support - "From the Source"
http://twitter.com/costinl
See more
See less
Need help setting up cacheable annotation Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help setting up cacheable annotation

Everything seems to be ok, but nothing gets cached. I have followed the other threads that have discussed this to no avail. there has got to be something I am missing.

Here is my configuration:

<ehcache:config configLocation="classpath:/ehcache.xml" serializableFactory="XSTREAM" />

<ehcache:annotations>
    <ehcache:caching id="licenseAssetCacheModel" cacheName="licenseAssetCache"/>
    <ehcache:flushing id="licenseAssetFlushModel" cacheNames="licenseAssetCache"/>
    </ehcache:annotations>

I have this dependency setup in my pom.xml

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.springmodules</groupId>
    <artifactId>spring-modules-cache</artifactId>
    <version>0.9</version>
    </dependency>
    <dependency>
    <groupId>net.sf.ehcache</groupId>
    <artifactId>ehcache</artifactId>
    <version>1.5.0</version>
    </dependency>

Everything seems fine at startup:

Oct 06 2008 18:13:48 PM INFO (o.s.c.e.EhCacheManagerFactoryBean) - Initializing EHCache CacheManager
    Oct 06 2008 18:13:48 PM DEBUG (n.s.e.config.ConfigurationFactory) - Configuring ehcache from InputStream
    Oct 06 2008 18:13:48 PM DEBUG (net.sf.ehcache.CacheManager) - No disk store path defined. Skipping disk store path conflict test.
    Oct 06 2008 18:13:48 PM DEBUG (n.s.e.config.ConfigurationHelper) - No CacheManagerEventListenerFactory class specified. Skipping...
    Oct 06 2008 18:13:48 PM DEBUG (n.s.e.config.ConfigurationHelper) - No CachePeerListenerFactoryConfiguration specified. Not configuring a CacheManagerPeerListener.
    Oct 06 2008 18:13:48 PM DEBUG (n.s.e.config.ConfigurationHelper) - No CachePeerProviderFactoryConfiguration specified. Not configuring a CacheManagerPeerProvider.
    Oct 06 2008 18:13:48 PM DEBUG (n.s.e.config.DiskStoreConfiguration) - Disk Store Path: /opt/software/apache-tomcat-6.0.18/temp
    Oct 06 2008 18:13:48 PM DEBUG (n.s.e.config.ConfigurationHelper) - No BootstrapCacheLoaderFactory class specified. Skipping...
    Oct 06 2008 18:13:48 PM DEBUG (n.s.e.config.ConfigurationHelper) - No CacheLoaderFactory class specified. Skipping...
    Oct 06 2008 18:13:48 PM DEBUG (n.s.e.config.ConfigurationHelper) - No CacheExceptionHandlerFactory class specified. Skipping...
    Oct 06 2008 18:13:48 PM DEBUG (n.s.e.config.DiskStoreConfiguration) - Disk Store Path: /opt/software/apache-tomcat-6.0.18/temp
    Oct 06 2008 18:13:48 PM DEBUG (n.s.e.config.ConfigurationHelper) - No BootstrapCacheLoaderFactory class specified. Skipping...
    Oct 06 2008 18:13:48 PM DEBUG (n.s.e.config.ConfigurationHelper) - No CacheLoaderFactory class specified. Skipping...
    Oct 06 2008 18:13:48 PM DEBUG (n.s.e.config.ConfigurationHelper) - No CacheExceptionHandlerFactory class specified. Skipping...
    Oct 06 2008 18:13:48 PM DEBUG (net.sf.ehcache.store.MemoryStore) - Initialized net.sf.ehcache.store.LfuMemoryStore for licenseAssetCache
    Oct 06 2008 18:13:48 PM DEBUG (net.sf.ehcache.Cache) - Initialised cache: licenseAssetCache

I have annotated the interface as such:

Cacheable(modelId = "licenseAssetCacheModel")
    LicenseAsset getLicenseAsset(Long assetId);

Then, nothing. no caching. what gives.

anybody. thanks.

-zach

check out previous postings...

try to remember using
    Code:
     code tags..
    for posting code...

within Spring-Modules search for RShelley post with the title "Declarative Caching" (I can't post links yet). It has a lot of useful information on setting up.

tip -> make sure the annotated part is being done in the interfaces, not the implementation classes.
    Last edited by joshr; Oct 8th, 2008, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Hey josh, thanks for the tips, I read those in the researching my problems. I finally got it working but I'm not proof positive why. The most obvious answer is that I was suffering my jar issues on the classpath. In the process of getting the 0.8a jar working I must of cleared a discrepancy. I then went and put back the 0.9 jar and all was fine.

Thanks,

zach

Comment

Originally posted by zlegein View Post
        Hey josh, thanks for the tips, I read those in the researching my problems. I finally got it working but I'm not proof positive why. The most obvious answer is that I was suffering my jar issues on the classpath. In the process of getting the 0.8a jar working I must of cleared a discrepancy. I then went and put back the 0.9 jar and all was fine.

Thanks,

zach

Hey,

How did you get it work?

Comment

If you are trying to use Spring 3.0, there is a new project listed at the end of this thread that uses annotations for caching. I haven't had time to try it out yet, but it might be worth looking into.

http://forum.springsource.org/showth...t=47953&page=2

Comment

I have already configured it to load cache file after servlet configuration. Also I am using spring aop 3.0 and with that I was getting "java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.metadata.Attributes" as all are getting on other threads. So I had included spring 2.5.6-jar and after that it is not throwing exception but caching is also not happening.

Comment

Working...
            X