Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Spring Modules forum decommissioned in favor of Spring Extensions

As the Spring Modules project has been replaced by the Spring Extensions (http://www.springsource.org/extensions) project, this forum has been decommissioned in favour of Spring Extensions one at:
http://forum.springsource.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44

Please see the Spring Extensions home page for a complete list of current projects in Java, .NET and ActionScript. You can also propose one if you want.

Cheers,
Costin Leau
SpringSource - http://www.SpringSource.com- Spring Training, Consulting, and Support - "From the Source"
http://twitter.com/costinl
See more
See less
Spring Modules 0.9 Released Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Modules 0.9 Released

Dear Spring Community,

I am pleased to announce that Spring Modules (SM) 0.9 has been released. Downloads | Docs (Html , PDF) | JavaDocs

The new version contains many bug fixes and improvements. See our changelog for more information.

The full roadmap can be found at:
    http://opensource.atlassian.com/proj...:roadmap-panel

Any feedback on new or existing features is appreciated.

Cheers!

Good to hear that! Congratulations! When it will be available as maven2 artifacts? Keep up ...
    Last edited by fanfy; Mar 7th, 2008, 01:24 AM.

Comment

I thought the validation annotation problem would be solved in this new version, but it is still there. Although the annotations function fine, it gives warning message when ever you use them.

2008-03-10 13:52:35,503 WARN [main] org.springmodules.validation.bean.conf.loader.anno tation.AnnotationBeanValidationConfigurationLoader (AnnotationBeanValidationConfigurationLoader.java: 203) - No handler is defined for annotation 'org.springmodules.validation.bean.conf.loader.ann otation.handler.NotEmpty'... Annotation will be ignored...
      2008-03-10 13:52:35,504 WARN [main] org.springmodules.validation.bean.conf.loader.anno tation.AnnotationBeanValidationConfigurationLoader (AnnotationBeanValidationConfigurationLoader.java: 203) - No handler is defined for annotation 'org.springmodules.validation.bean.conf.loader.ann otation.handler.NotBlank'... Annotation will be ignored...
      2008-03-10 13:52:35,520 WARN [main] org.springmodules.validation.bean.conf.loader.anno tation.AnnotationBeanValidationConfigurationLoader (AnnotationBeanValidationConfigurationLoader.java: 203) - No handler is defined for annotation 'org.springmodules.validation.bean.conf.loader.ann otation.handler.NotNull'... Annotation will be ignored...
      2008-03-10 13:52:35,521 WARN [main] org.springmodules.validation.bean.conf.loader.anno tation.AnnotationBeanValidationConfigurationLoader (AnnotationBeanValidationConfigurationLoader.java: 203) - No handler is defined for annotation 'org.springmodules.validation.bean.conf.loader.ann otation.handler.NotNull'... Annotation will be ignored...
      2008-03-10 13:52:35,521 WARN [main] org.springmodules.validation.bean.conf.loader.anno tation.AnnotationBeanValidationConfigurationLoader (AnnotationBeanValidationConfigurationLoader.java: 203) - No handler is defined for annotation 'org.springmodules.validation.bean.conf.loader.ann otation.handler.NotNull'... Annotation will be ignored...

Comment

Colin,

Thanks for releasing 0.9 of Modules, I'm sure a lot of hard work went into it's compilation. I hope this doesn't come across as snarky, but I'm curious when the issue around removing a single object from cache will eventually make it's way into a release? It's been around since 0.5, and keeps getting put off (now until 0.10). It seems to be a show-stopper for many people looking at implementing Declarative Caching in their apps.

Thanks!

Comment

Without being all cryptic and mysterious I don't expect anything to happen in the next couple of months, however things should get pretty interesting after that...

Comment

Ok, that's terribly cryptic and mysterious... at least give me hope that SOMETHING is in the works...

Comment

Originally posted by Colin Yates View Post
              Dear Spring Community,

I am pleased to announce that Spring Modules (SM) 0.9 has been released. Downloads | Docs (Html , PDF) | JavaDocs

The new version contains many bug fixes and improvements. See our changelog for more information.

The full roadmap can be found at:
              http://opensource.atlassian.com/proj...:roadmap-panel

Any feedback on new or existing features is appreciated.

Cheers!
              One feature I'd like to see is the ability to have access to the 'target' object and method that was invoked. Currently, we're able to write our own providers, but when using annotations, we can obtain any custom annotations on the method since we don't have access to the method.

This feature isn't hard to implement (I already did it and tested it out locally, I can send it over), but it does have a slight impact on the 'providers' that are already existing. They would need to extend a class vs implementing an interface.

Best Regards,
              Richard L. Burton III

Comment

Are you going to upload it to Maven central repository?

Comment

I'd love to see this up on the central Maven repo.

Thanks!

Comment

First congrats to your new release. I really appreciate you didn't jump to 1.0 though spring-modules contains mature code :-)

Anyway - are there any plans to publish the modules to the Maven central repository?

Keep up your good work!

Comment

Missing dependencies in distribution

I've downloaded the 0.9 distribution with the dependencies. When compiling I've remarked that several dependencies (commons-logging, xstream, ehcache, jakarta-oro) are missing from this distribution. The included spring jar is a RC: v2.0-rc4. Is this normal ?

Comment

Is anyone else getting 403 codes on the spring-modules website?

Comment

Your OSWorkflow inSpringmodules 0.9 is HORRIBLY BROKE

Colin:

Well, I decided to use the Springmodules 0.9 OSWorkflow module in May and I regret the day I made that decision. We are running Spring 3.0 M1 bc of the great BlazeDS integration and I have run into dozens of problems with the OSWorkflow module. Not only is there NO documentation on how to run it, there's even less on how to wire it into Spring. I figured all of that out myseld through a huge amount of trial and error (which translates to a HUGE amount of time & effort). If you really want the sordid details, I've been keeping a running log of all my major problems with the Springmodules 0.9 OSWorkflow module 2 months worth - just ask and I'll send you the very large file.

After I thought I fixed all the Hibernate persist problems, after I thought I fixed all other exceptions due to the code expecting things that weren't there, I've run into yet another Array out of bounds problem that is difficult to debug due to the HUGE amount of workflow call backs obfuscating the code (this module also made liberal use of hibernate callbacks, which made it exceptionally hard to debug what the hell was going on).

Well, I quit - that's the last straw. OSWorkflow in Springmodules is the worst piece of open source junk I've ever had to try to get working in a decade. Word to the wise - DON'T USE THIS BROKEN PIECE OF JUNK. Now my schedule is absolutely screwed with no easy workflow solution in sight.

Comment

Can we use Spring XT Ajax framework from Spring modules 0.9 with Struts 1.1 MVC framework? If so, where is the documentation for this integration and/or sample projects using XT and Struts 1.x. thx.

Comment

Maven update

Can someone please post 0.9 to Maven central repository? Otherwise, if you can point me to what needs to be done, I can help.

Comment

Working...
                              X