Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Spring Modules forum decommissioned in favor of Spring Extensions

As the Spring Modules project has been replaced by the Spring Extensions (http://www.springsource.org/extensions) project, this forum has been decommissioned in favour of Spring Extensions one at:
http://forum.springsource.org/forumdisplay.php?f=44

Please see the Spring Extensions home page for a complete list of current projects in Java, .NET and ActionScript. You can also propose one if you want.

Cheers,
Costin Leau
SpringSource - http://www.SpringSource.com- Spring Training, Consulting, and Support - "From the Source"
http://twitter.com/costinl
See more
See less
ajax submit, forward if successful, show errors on fail Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slimchrisp View Post
    as far as the tarconite bug goes, i guess that fix will make it into a future release?
    The bug has been fixed, check out the latest CVS code.

Cheers!

Sergio B.

Comment

is that a different repository than the spring project itself?
      is it in springramework.cvs.sourceforge.net?

Originally posted by sbtourist View Post
      Yes, sure: and you can always check out and run the latest CVS code

Cheers!

Sergio B.

Comment

Originally posted by slimchrisp View Post
        is that a different repository than the spring project itself?
        is it in springramework.cvs.sourceforge.net?
        Take a look here: https://springmodules.dev.java.net/s...springmodules/

Cheers,

Sergio B.

Comment

Still problems with documentElement.childNodes

Hello there,

I already got the last version of springxt.js but I still have problems handling null responseXML.

//handle null responseXML
          var nodes = null;
          if (ajaxRequest.getXMLHttpRequestObject().responseXML != null) {
          nodes = ajaxRequest.getXMLHttpRequestObject().responseXML. documentElement.childNodes;
          } else {
          nodes = new Array();
          }

I got this error: "Object is required" and problem has something to do with childNodes

Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot,

LJ

Comment

Originally posted by ljgarcia View Post
            I already got the last version of springxt.js but I still have problems handling null responseXML.

var nodes = null;
            nodes = ajaxRequest.getXMLHttpRequestObject().responseXML. documentElement.childNodes;
            } else {
            nodes = new Array();
            }

I got this error: "Object is required" and problem has something to do with childNodes
            Hi,

What kind of browser are you using? Have you tried with a different one?

Please let me know.
            Thanks,
            Cheers,

Sergio B.

Comment

Hello there,

First of all, thanks for your help.

[QUOTE=sbtourist;97917]
              What kind of browser are you using? Have you tried with a different one?
              [QUOTE]

I have tried with IE 6.0 and Firefox 1.5.0.9. With IE i got an error message "Object is required" and with Firefox nothing happens

I tried changing some lines in springxt.js in order to cath the ResponseText instead of ResponseXML, I also change my html code, I added a div to get the ResponseText. When I did that, error message disappered but I got no answer, it seems it never got the "complete" state (state number 4).

I am complete cluless, any idea will be so appreciated.

LJ.

P.D. Just in case, I am sending como of code I am using. (with the original form of springxt.js -catching ResponseXML-)

This is my html page:

<form name="form1" id="form1" method="post" action="">
              <input name="button" type="button" onclick="JavaScript:XT.doAjaxAction('loadOffices', this);" value="Press" />
              <div id="divTest">
              <select name="select" id="offices">
              <option>--- ---</option>
              </select>
              </div>
              </form>

This is my loadOffices method:

public class AjaxHandler extends org.springmodules.xt.ajax.AbstractAjaxHandler{
              public AjaxResponse loadOffices(AjaxActionEvent event){
              Collection<String> offices = new Vector<String>();
              offices.add("One");
              offices.add("Two");
              offices.add("Three");
              List<Component> options = new LinkedList<Component>();

Option first = new Option("-1", "Select one ...");
              options.add(first);

for(String office : offices) {
              Option option = new Option(office, "officeId", "name");
              options.add(option);
              }
              ReplaceContentAction action = new ReplaceContentAction("offices", options);
              AjaxResponse response = new AjaxResponseImpl();
              response.addAction(action);
              return response;
              }
              }

This is part of my dispatcher :

<bean id="ajaxLoadOfficesHandler" class="controller.AjaxHandler">
              </bean>

<bean id="ajaxInterceptor" class="org.springmodules.xt.ajax.AjaxInterceptor">
              <property name="handlerMappings">
              <props>
              <prop key="/ajax/tutorial.html">ajaxLoadOfficesHandler</prop>
              </props>
              </property>
              </bean>

<bean id="urlMapping" class="org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.Sim pleUrlHandlerMapping">
              <property name="interceptors">
              <list>
              <ref bean="ajaxInterceptor"/>
              </list>
              </property>
              <property name="mappings">
              <props>
              <prop key="/**/*.html">staticViewController</prop>
              <prop key="/action/*.action">eventController</prop>
              </props>
              </property>
              </bean>

Comment

Originally posted by ljgarcia View Post
                I have tried with IE 6.0 and Firefox 1.5.0.9. With IE i got an error message "Object is required" and with Firefox nothing happens
                Hi,

sorry for the late reply, I've been very busy.

Can you attach a zip containing code that reproduces the error, so that I can give it a try?

Cheers,

Sergio B.

Comment

Hi I am having the same problem - Obect required in IE

Hi, I am using AjaxSubmit to submit a form with the input bound to my spring tags.

The request gets sent okay but the responseXml is null in Internet explorer, however, in Firefox everything is fine - the lines of code below appear to be where the IE script error exception:

var nodes = null;
                  } else {
                  nodes = new Array();
                  }

I have the latest version from the CVS.

Do you have any suggestions?

Sergio - Did you find out what the roblem was with the code above?

This problem is ruining my year.

Many thanks - John

Comment

Originally posted by buster View Post
                    The request gets sent okay but the responseXml is null in Internet explorer, however, in Firefox everything is fine - the lines of code below appear to be where the IE script error exception:
                    [CUT]
                    Hi John,

it should be a problem with your XML response to be not well formed.
                    So can you post the XML response sent by the server (just configure log4j at DEBUG level and take it from your logs)?

Thanks,
                    Cheers,

Sergio B.

Comment

XML sample

Here is a sample ofthe xml response from the server log - the xml is null if the"`" character is present in the xml string.

22 Jun 2007 11:15:35 - INFO [org.springmodules.xt.ajax.AjaxInterceptor] - <Pre-handling ajax request for event: showLoading>
                      22 Jun 2007 11:15:35 - DEBUG [org.springmodules.xt.ajax.AbstractAjaxHandler] - <Event supported by method: public org.springmodules.xt.ajax.AjaxResponse reporting.web.ajax.TransactionHandler.showLoading( org.springmodules.xt.ajax.AjaxActionEvent)>
                      22 Jun 2007 11:15:35 - INFO [org.springmodules.xt.ajax.AbstractAjaxHandler] - <Invoking method: public org.springmodules.xt.ajax.AjaxResponse reporting.web.ajax.TransactionHandler.showLoading( org.springmodules.xt.ajax.AjaxActionEvent)>
                      22 Jun 2007 11:15:35 - INFO [org.springmodules.xt.ajax.AjaxInterceptor] - <Sending Ajax response after Ajax action.>
                      22 Jun 2007 11:15:36 - INFO [org.springmodules.xt.ajax.AjaxInterceptor] - <Post-handling ajax request for event: validate>
                      22 Jun 2007 11:15:36 - DEBUG [org.springmodules.xt.ajax.util.InternalAjaxRespons eSender] - <Sending ajax response: <?xml version="1.0"?> <taconite-root xml:space="preserve"> <taconite-execute-javascript parseInBrowser="true"><script type="text/javascript">Element.hide('pageResultsContainer');</script></taconite-execute-javascript><taconite-execute-javascript parseInBrowser="true"><script type="text/javascript">Element.show('loading');</script></taconite-execute-javascript> </taconite-root>>
                      22 Jun 2007 11:15:36 - DEBUG [org.springmodules.xt.ajax.AbstractAjaxHandler] - <Event supported by method: public org.springmodules.xt.ajax.AjaxResponse org.springmodules.xt.ajax.validation.DefaultValida tionHandler.validate(org.springmodules.xt.ajax.Aja xSubmitEvent)>
                      22 Jun 2007 11:15:36 - INFO [org.springmodules.xt.ajax.AbstractAjaxHandler] - <Invoking method: public org.springmodules.xt.ajax.AjaxResponse org.springmodules.xt.ajax.validation.DefaultValida tionHandler.validate(org.springmodules.xt.ajax.Aja xSubmitEvent)>
                      22 Jun 2007 11:15:36 - DEBUG [org.springmodules.xt.ajax.util.InternalAjaxRespons eSender] - <Sending ajax response: <?xml version="1.0"?>
                      <taconite-root xml:space="preserve">
                      <taconite-replace-children contextNodeID="transactionTable" multipleMatch="false" parseInBrowser="true">
                      <tr>
                      <td nowrap="nowrap" class="merchantIdCol">30644</td>
                      <td nowrap="nowrap" class="clientCol" id="client">6132</td>
                      <td nowrap="nowrap" class="statusCol" id="status">Successful</td>
                      <td nowrap="nowrap" class="dateCol" id="date">22/06/07 11:04</td>
                      <td nowrap="nowrap" class="authIdCol" id="authid">32161782</td>
                      <td nowrap="nowrap" class="typeCol" id="type">S</td>
                      <td nowrap="nowrap" class="cardTypeCol" id="cardtype">Visa</td>
                      <td nowrap="nowrap" class="amountCol" id="amount">1,333.40</td>
                      <td nowrap="nowrap" class="currencyCol" id="currency">xxx</td>
                      <td nowrap="nowrap" class="clientRefCol" id="clientref">94e94bc5-3231-4d7d-b906-6d4b52f920c8</td>
                      <td nowrap="nowrap" align="left" class="cardNumberCol" id="cardnumber">XXXXXXXXXXXxxxxx</td>
                      <td nowrap="nowrap" class="cardNameCol" id="cardname"> Vladimír Popík</td>
                      <td nowrap="nowrap" class="clientNameCol" id="clientName">SkyEurope Airlines E SKK</td>
                      <td nowrap="nowrap" class="refundIdCol" id="refundid">null</td>
                      </tr>
                      </taconite-replace-children><taconite-replace-children contextNodeID="transactionsCount" multipleMatch="false" parseInBrowser="true">1</taconite-replace-children><taconite-replace-children contextNodeID="countSales" multipleMatch="false" parseInBrowser="true">1</taconite-replace-children><taconite-replace-children contextNodeID="countRefunds" multipleMatch="false" parseInBrowser="true">0</taconite-replace-children><taconite-replace-children contextNodeID="countSuccessful" multipleMatch="false" parseInBrowser="true">1</taconite-replace-children><taconite-replace-children contextNodeID="countDenied" multipleMatch="false" parseInBrowser="true">0</taconite-replace-children><taconite-replace-children contextNodeID="countFailed" multipleMatch="false" parseInBrowser="true">0</taconite-replace-children><taconite-replace-children contextNodeID="amountsPerCurrency" multipleMatch="false" parseInBrowser="true"><tr><td>Total SKK</td><td width="10px"> </td><td align="right">1,333.40</td></tr></taconite-replace-children><taconite-replace-children contextNodeID="cardTypeSelect" multipleMatch="false" parseInBrowser="true"><option value="" selected="true">All</option><option value="Delta">Delta</option><option value="MasterCard">MasterCard</option><option value="Amex">Amex</option><option value="Visa">Visa</option><option value="UK Electron">UK Electron</option><option value="Duet">Duet</option><option value="Solo">Solo</option><option value="JCB">JCB</option><option value="Maestro">Maestro</option><option value="Switch">Switch</option></taconite-replace-children><taconite-replace-children contextNodeID="currencySelect" multipleMatch="false" parseInBrowser="true"><option value="" selected="true">All</option><option value="EUR">EUR</option><option value="ZAR">ZAR</option><option value="PLN">PLN</option><option value="SKK">SKK</option><option value="GBP">GBP</option><option value="HUF">HUF</option><option value="CZK">CZK</option><option value="CYP">CYP</option><option value="DKK">DKK</option><option value="CHF">CHF</option><option value="USD">USD</option><option value="CAD">CAD</option></taconite-replace-children><taconite-replace-children contextNodeID="pageNumber" multipleMatch="false" parseInBrowser="true">1/1</taconite-replace-children><taconite-replace-children contextNodeID="navigation" multipleMatch="false" parseInBrowser="true"> </taconite-replace-children><taconite-execute-javascript parseInBrowser="true"><script type="text/javascript">traverseTable();</script></taconite-execute-javascript><taconite-replace-children contextNodeID="error.all" multipleMatch="false" parseInBrowser="true"></taconite-replace-children><taconite-execute-javascript parseInBrowser="true"><script type="text/javascript">Element.hide('loading');</script></taconite-execute-javascript><taconite-execute-javascript parseInBrowser="true"><script type="text/javascript">Element.show('pageResultsContainer');</script></taconite-execute-javascript> </taconite-root>>

In firefox the "`" character is replaced with a unknown character icon. Maybe I should change the character encoding of my xhtml doc (currently utf-32)

Any help is much appreciated!

- John

Comment

the xml is null if the"`" character is present in the xml string.
                        Well, just try to set your encoding through the AjaxResponse object, and/or try using the character entity number: http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_entities.asp

Let us know.
                        Cheers,

Sergio B.

Comment

Hi Sergio - I will do that but

I updated to the latest version of XT from the CVS and I have another IE (v6/7) problem - I get an error when the js libraries load. "Document is not defined" in springmin-xt.js on line x

If I change Document to lowercase "d" - document, then I get and uncaught exception error instead in IE.

Please can you help?

Many thanks - John

Comment

Please ignore last post

Hi Sergio - I have update springmin-xt.js and spring xt.js files from the link below and the issue has been removed.

https://springmodules.dev.java.net/s..._with_tag=HEAD

I will write some code to change the "`" character as you suggested. I will let you know how this turns out.

Many Thanks- John

Comment

I updated to the latest version of XT from the CVS and I have another IE (v6/7) problem - I get an error when the js libraries load. "Document is not defined" in springmin-xt.js on line x
                              Quite strange, I don't get any error here with IE6 (I don't have an IE7 installation right now).
                              Can you attach the springxt js files you are using?

Comment

Hi Sergio - I have update springmin-xt.js and spring xt.js files from the link below and the issue has been removed.

https://springmodules.dev.java.net/s..._with_tag=HEAD

I will write some code to change the "`" character as you suggested. I will let you know how this turns out.

Many Thanks- John
                                Very good.
                                Let us know.

Comment

Working...
                                X