Announcement Announcement Module

JavaConfig forum decommissioned in favor of Core Container

As described at

key features of the Spring JavaConfig project have been migrated into the core Spring Framework as of version 3.0.

Please see the Spring 3.0 documentation on @Configuration and @Bean support:

For any questions related to @Configuration classes and @Bean methods in Spring 3.0, please post in the dedicated 'Core Container' forum at
See more
See less
GA Release timeline? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA Release timeline?

I couldn't find any information about a GA release schedule for the complete JavaConfig project, is there one scheduled?

I noticed that a handful of JavaConfig features made it into Spring 3, but I couldn't find things like @ExternalBean...

Any timeline for when they will be released GA?

Hi Matt,

There won't be a 1.0 GA release for the JavaConfig project. As you mentioned below, the core functionality has been moved into the core framework for 3.0.

@ExternalBean is no longer necessary in light of simply using @Autowired.

If there are other features that you're missing, feel free to ask about them here, or search for / add issues in JIRA.

@ComponentScan in Spring 3?

Hi Chris,

One feature that seems to not have made it into Spring 3 is @ComponentScan. Is there an alternative way to do this in Spring 3 that I'm overlooking? If not, is this slated to be migrated from JavaConfig to Spring 3?