Announcement Announcement Module

JavaConfig forum decommissioned in favor of Core Container

As described at

key features of the Spring JavaConfig project have been migrated into the core Spring Framework as of version 3.0.

Please see the Spring 3.0 documentation on @Configuration and @Bean support:

For any questions related to @Configuration classes and @Bean methods in Spring 3.0, please post in the dedicated 'Core Container' forum at
See more
See less
TestContext Framework Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TestContext Framework

Hi ,
    1)What dependency (at the pom.xml) I have to refer in order to user the CustomContextLoader as the loader of the @ContextConfiguration ?
    2)What dependency (at the pom.xml) I have to refer in order to user the @RunWith annotation ?

Which ContextLoader are you wanting to use? Note that if you're using Spring 3.0, there is not (yet) a ContextLoader implementation dedicated to processing @Configuration classes. Follow SPR-6184 to be notified when this changes.

To use the @RunWith annotation you need JUnit in your pom as shown here:

@ContextConfiguration loader

Hi Chris ,

First thank you for your quick response ,I'm using Spring 3.0.1, I raised this question since I am using a class annotated with @Configuration and I wanted to load the context from this class .
      I wanted to believe :-) ,that since Spring 2.5.6 supported loading the Java context configuration by the JavaConfigContextLoader like here :
      @ContextConfiguration(locations = {
              "com.tradefxl.integrationserver.test" }, loader = JavaConfigContextLoader.class)
      I will be able to load my Java context configuration class (Since I am using a newer version/release of Spring and I assumed it will have a similar but better features , my mistake...)

Thanks again.

Spring for test framework

Hi Chris,
        At the previous version (2.5.6) we used a the Java config framework to configure Spring . we used Spring for test framework as well based on the JavaConfigContextLoader.
        Is there any alternative in Spring 3.0.1 ? (I understood from your previous message that there isn't ), If there is not , when it will be available ?

Thanks again.