Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

JavaConfig forum decommissioned in favor of Core Container

As described at

http://static.springsource.org/sprin...fig/README.TXT

key features of the Spring JavaConfig project have been migrated into the core Spring Framework as of version 3.0.

Please see the Spring 3.0 documentation on @Configuration and @Bean support:

http://static.springsource.org/sprin...tml#beans-java

For any questions related to @Configuration classes and @Bean methods in Spring 3.0, please post in the dedicated 'Core Container' forum at

http://forum.springsource.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26
See more
See less
JavaConfig in Spring 3.0 RC3 issue Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JavaConfig in Spring 3.0 RC3 issue

Since some core features from the JavaConfig project have been added to the Spring Framework 3.0 now, I am trying to config javaconfig in a web project I am working on. Since Spring 3.0 already include some of the javaconfig, I did not include the org.springframework.config.java-1.0.0.M4.jar in the lib.

The question is how do I config web.xml with Spring 3.0. It seemed that Spring 3.0 does not have a JavaConfigWebApplicationContext which I can init the spring application context. I think I suppose to set it up like below(this was found on the javaconfig project documentation):

<context-param>
    <param-name>contextClass</param-name>
    <param-value>
    org.springframework.config.java.context.JavaConfig WebApplicationContext
    </param-value>
    </context-param>
    <!-- Configuration locations must consist of one or more comma- or space-delimited
    fully-qualified @Configuration classes -->
    <context-param>
    <param-name>contextConfigLocation</param-name>
    <param-value>com.company.config.JavaConfig</param-value>
    </context-param>
    <listener>
    <listener-class>
    org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListe ner
    </listener-class>
    </listener>

But in Spring 3.0 there is no org.springframework.config.java.context.JavaConfig WebApplicationContext. Any idea how to config javaconfig within Spring 3.0 in a web project?

Thanks!
    Last edited by ouyanone; Dec 9th, 2009, 10:30 AM.

When posting code use [ code][/code ] tags.

That options isn't available in spring 3.0. The annotated config is scanned by a BeanFactoryPostProcessor. So you need an xml file which either has a context:component-scan or context:annotation-config with a bean definition for your com.company.config.JavaConfig.

Comment

Spring JavaConfig was integrated into the core for Spring 3, and some of the naming conventions have been changed. You will want to use AnnotationConfigWebApplicationContext

Comment

That is what I figured but couldn't find that class in the javadoc api. I saw the name change in SVN, strange...

Comment

The API is changing at a mile a minute right now. I had a similar problem in which my Maven configuration was still pointing to 3.0.0.M3, which did not include these changes. Updating it to 3.0.0.RC3 did the trick.

Comment

It works great

Thank you Jamestastic. The AnnotationConfigWebApplicationContext works great for this purpose.

Comment

Glad to hear it!

Comment

Working...
              X