Announcement Announcement Module

JavaConfig forum decommissioned in favor of Core Container

As described at

key features of the Spring JavaConfig project have been migrated into the core Spring Framework as of version 3.0.

Please see the Spring 3.0 documentation on @Configuration and @Bean support:

For any questions related to @Configuration classes and @Bean methods in Spring 3.0, please post in the dedicated 'Core Container' forum at
See more
See less
Bean not found in parent context Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
Conversation Detail Module
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bean not found in parent context

I'm using a hierarchical application context consisting of two xml files: appcontext-master.xml and appcontext-child.xml. The appcontext-master.xml is set as the parent of appcontext-child.xml as follows:

ClassPathXmlApplicationContext contextMaster = new ClassPathXmlApplicationContext( "META-INF/appcontext-master.xml" );

ClassPathXmlApplicationContext contextChild = new ClassPathXmlApplicationContext( "META-INF/appcontext-child.xml" );
    contextChild.getBeanFactory().setParentBeanFactory ( contextMaster );

In appcontext-child.xml, I'm using ConfigurationPostProcessor to load a @Configuration class. In that @Configuration class, I have a @Bean method that creates a bean that has a dependency on a bean declared in appcontext-master.xml. My @Configuration class extends ConfigurationSupport and I'm calling getBean("masterBean") to get a reference to the bean in appcontext-master.xml. This, however, doesn't work. I get a "No bean named 'masterBean' defined" exception.

I'm able to access beans in appcontext-child.xml just fine from that @Bean method, but accessing beans that reside in appcontext-master.xml result in the exception being thrown.

Would appreciate any pointers on how I can get around this problem.

Resolved: Bean not found in parent context

I got this resolved. The @Bean method did not have the Lazy=TRUE attribute and this was causing it to get instantiated prior to the setParentBeanFactory() call.

thanks... got the same problem and you just gave me a solution..
      corporate recognition awards
      tedisco for Congress