Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

JavaConfig forum decommissioned in favor of Core Container

As described at

http://static.springsource.org/sprin...fig/README.TXT

key features of the Spring JavaConfig project have been migrated into the core Spring Framework as of version 3.0.

Please see the Spring 3.0 documentation on @Configuration and @Bean support:

http://static.springsource.org/sprin...tml#beans-java

For any questions related to @Configuration classes and @Bean methods in Spring 3.0, please post in the dedicated 'Core Container' forum at

http://forum.springsource.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26
See more
See less
Request: Could you please publish the Java source and javadoc in maven repo? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request: Could you please publish the Java source and javadoc in maven repo?

Hello Spring Team,
    Could you please publish your java source jars to the maven repository? It'd be very helpful to us consuming it.

I publish the code and docs by adding the snippet below to my pom.xml:
    Code:
    <!-- Upload sources for IDEs -->
    <plugin>
    	<groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
    	<artifactId>maven-source-plugin</artifactId>
    	<executions>
    		<execution>
    			<goals>
    				<goal>jar</goal>
    			</goals>
    		</execution>
    	</executions>
    </plugin>
    <!-- Upload JavaDocs -->
    <plugin>
    	<groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
    	<artifactId>maven-javadoc-plugin</artifactId>
    	<executions>
    		<execution>
    			<id>attach-javadocs</id>
    			<goals>
    				<goal>jar</goal>
    			</goals>
    		</execution>
    	</executions>
    </plugin>

Thank you,
    Steven

Hi Steven, the sources for javaconfig are published to our internal SpringSource maven repository. Once JavaConfig is officially released, the sources will probably be uploaded to Maven Central as well (which is what I assume you're wanting).

In the meantime, simply grab the latest snapshot from our own repository. You'll get sources and all. You can follow the example from JavaConfig's PetClinic sample's POM:

https://fisheye.springframework.org/.../pom.xml?r=856

Comment

No JavaDoc

Hello Chris,
      Thank you for your prompt response. You've been very helpful and we really appreciate it over here.

I actually pasted my config from the petstore app. You're right about the sources, but my machine seems to disagree about the JavaDocs.

Code:
      [INFO] 
             Sources for some artifacts are not available.
             List of artifacts without a source archive:
               o org.aspectj:com.springsource.org.aspectj.weaver:1.6.1.BUILD-20080601
               o org.aspectj:com.springsource.org.aspectj.runtime:1.6.1.BUILD-20080601

Javadoc for some artifacts is not available.
             List of artifacts without a javadoc archive:
               o org.springframework:spring:2.5.5
               o org.springframework:spring-test:2.5.5
               o org.springframework.javaconfig:org.springframework.config.java:1.0.0.BUILD-20081022.011154-44
               o org.springframework:org.springframework.beans:2.5.4.A
               o org.springframework:org.springframework.core:2.5.4.A
               o org.springframework:org.springframework.context:2.5.4.A
               o org.springframework:org.springframework.test:2.5.4.A
      If you could publish the JavaDocs as well, it'd greatly help. I have downloaded the source, but it's so much more efficient to use the IDE-integrated version. I'm recommending it not just for my sake, but for others who are starting out with JavaConfig projects.

The easier it is to get to the documentation, the more likely we are to get our projects out successfully, driving Spring adoption, and reducing forum posts.

If this is an issue of your time, I can certainly help out myself. How would one get the ability to commit changes to the POM? I'd be happy to donate my time to help the project as we may end up heavily depending on the code for my team's next project.

Thanks,
      Steven
      Harvard Children's Hospital Informatics Program

Comment

Steven,

I've brought up a thread internally about getting our build system enhanced to upload javadoc jars to our repository.

In the meantime, if you have the sources, you should have everything you need as far as javadoc - assuming you're using Eclipse, when you use autocompletion or the Javadoc view, you should see the javadoc render from the sources. Hopefully that's enough in the meantime.

Thanks for your offer to contribute - in fact, JavaConfig is not built from a POM - since m4 development began, JavaConfig now uses ant to build, even though the artifacts are uploaded in maven-compatible fashion. I'll post info to this thread when I get feedback on javadoc jars being uploaded.

- C

Comment

Hi,

is there a way to get the javadoc for 3.0.0 RELEASE?
          I am building my application with Maven an would like to have the javadoc managed by Maven as well.

Comment

Working...
          X