Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Spring Dynamic Modules forum decommissioned in favor of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint

With the official first release of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint shipped, the migration of the Spring Dynamic Modules code base to the Eclipse Foundation, as part of the Gemini project, has been completed.

As such, this forum has been decommissioned in favour of the Eclipse Gemini forums.
See more
See less
Hadoop/HBase with Spring DM? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hadoop/HBase with Spring DM?

Hi all,

I was wondering if it was possible to connect to a HBase datastore from a Spring DM application... I tried creating an OSGi'fied version of the hadoop-core jar with BND, but I run into the following error:

Missing Constraint: Import-Package: com.sun.security.auth; version="0.0.0"

Any ideas on this? Is it even possible at all to use HBase in an OSGi context?
    Too bad the Spring Data integration for HBase isn't ready yet...

Any advice is most welcome!

Kind regards,

Niels

I am using hstack (zookeeper/hadoop/hbase) bundles in the equinox container. However, I am not using BND; instead, I create all my bundles manually (using the eclipse 'create bundle from existing jar' wizard.) My osgi-ified hstack bundle manifests do not import com.sun.* pkgs, and they both compile and run in both the eclipse IDE and within a headless build (maven/tycho/hudson).

Try removing the com.sun.* pkg imports. If that does not work, recreate your bundles manually (w/out BND). Make sure you export all the pkgs required by dependent bundles, as well as import pkgs not found during runtime.

I cannot recommend the 'best' way to osgi-ify 3rd party jars... I've just found a way -- after much trial and error -- which I am most comfortable with.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
    X