Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Spring Dynamic Modules forum decommissioned in favor of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint

With the official first release of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint shipped, the migration of the Spring Dynamic Modules code base to the Eclipse Foundation, as part of the Gemini project, has been completed.

As such, this forum has been decommissioned in favour of the Eclipse Gemini forums.
See more
See less
JEE application and OSGi + SpringDM Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JEE application and OSGi + SpringDM

Short Explanation of what I want to do:

I have an existing spring enabled JEE application (ear, war and ejb jars). The application has to be deployed on an Oracle Weblogic 10.3.3+ application server. I want to add an OSGi engine (Equinox) to each of the modules to deploy a couple OSGi bundles and expose the services in the spring context of the application.

I managed to start the OSGi engine and to start the bundles. Looking at the sources of BIRT was a great help here. But now comes the difficult part. How can I hook up the OSGi bundle context with the web/ejb spring application contexts?

To be able to use the osgi:reference tag in spring context files, the bundle context has to be known and injected in the OsgiServiceProxyFactoryBeans. I can get hold of the bundle context but it appears to be loaded in a different
    classloader, hence I get a classcast exception.

Is there a clean way to get this working?

Regards,
    Geert
Working...
X