Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Spring Dynamic Modules forum decommissioned in favor of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint

With the official first release of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint shipped, the migration of the Spring Dynamic Modules code base to the Eclipse Foundation, as part of the Gemini project, has been completed.

As such, this forum has been decommissioned in favour of the Eclipse Gemini forums.
See more
See less
Strange Behavior in SpringDM when refreshing Dependencies Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Behavior in SpringDM when refreshing Dependencies

I have a Bundle A which defines a simple JAXRS resource and the exports that package. I have another Bundle S which defines a spring context in which the bean from A is instantiated. To do this, of course, S imports the package from A. Now, I modify the bean in A and then 'osgi update' bundle A. Then I 'osgi refresh'
    A I would expect that to automatically refresh S and then re-wire S so that it connects to the new version of the package exported by A and thus S should see a new version of the bean.

Funny thing is, this works about 5% of the time. The other 95% of the time the bean defined in A simply vanishes from S. It's like S is looking for the old version of the packages and when it can't find them it simply silently gives up.

Any ideas?

After much digging (and crying) I was able to I was finally able to locate the source of the strange, problematic behavior. I had two versions of the javax.ws.rs.Path annotation in my container. One was coming from jsr311-api-1.1.1.jar and the other was coming from jersey-core-1.5.jar. When I was refreshing the bundle containing my JAXRS resources I suspect it was, most of the time, getting linked to a different one than the one Jesery was using to determine what is, and isn't, a root resource provider. This led to the class seeming to simply vanish...

Well, off to have more fun in OSGi land. At least now I can dynamically reload my JAXRS resources without having to restart the entire OSGi container.

Comment

Working...
    X