Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Spring Dynamic Modules forum decommissioned in favor of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint

With the official first release of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint shipped, the migration of the Spring Dynamic Modules code base to the Eclipse Foundation, as part of the Gemini project, has been completed.

As such, this forum has been decommissioned in favour of the Eclipse Gemini forums.
See more
See less
ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.asm.ClassVisitor Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.asm.ClassVisitor

Hi,
    Completely new to Spring DM/OSGi so decided to look at the tutorials that come along with STS Version: 2.5.0.M3 Build Id: 201008251000

I am working through 'Creating a Spring-powered OSGi bundle' and hit issues:

Code:
    93   [Start Level Event Dispatcher] INFO  org.springframework.osgi.extender.support.DefaultOsgiApplicationContextCreator  - Discovered configurations {osgibundle:/META-INF/spring/*.xml} in bundle [Spring Powered Bundle Sample (com.springsource.osgi.springdm.simple)]
    109  [SpringOsgiExtenderThread-1] INFO  org.springframework.osgi.context.support.OsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext  - Refreshing OsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext(bundle=com.springsource.osgi.springdm.simple, config=osgibundle:/META-INF/spring/*.xml): startup date [Tue Sep 07 17:10:45 BST 2010]; root of context hierarchy
    109  [SpringOsgiExtenderThread-1] INFO  org.springframework.osgi.context.support.OsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext  - Application Context service already unpublished
    140  [SpringOsgiExtenderThread-1] ERROR org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.activator.ContextLoaderListener  - Application context refresh failed (OsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext(bundle=com.springsource.osgi.springdm.simple, config=osgibundle:/META-INF/spring/*.xml))
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/asm/ClassVisitor
    	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.customizeBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:218)
    	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:129)
    	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.obtainFreshBeanFactory(AbstractApplicationContext.java:465)
    	at org.springframework.osgi.context.support.AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.access$800(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java:69)
    	at org.springframework.osgi.context.support.AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext$3.run(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java:269)
    	at org.springframework.osgi.util.internal.PrivilegedUtils.executeWithCustomTCCL(PrivilegedUtils.java:85)
    	at org.springframework.osgi.context.support.AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.startRefresh(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java:247)
    	at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.stageOne(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:214)
    	at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.dependencies.startup.DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.refresh(DependencyWaiterApplicationContextExecutor.java:169)
    	at org.springframework.osgi.context.support.AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java:175)
    	at org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.activator.ContextLoaderListener$2.run(ContextLoaderListener.java:716)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.asm.ClassVisitor
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClassInternal(BundleLoader.java:494)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:410)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.loader.BundleLoader.findClass(BundleLoader.java:398)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader.loadClass(DefaultClassLoader.java:105)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
    	... 12 more
    Originally I hit a problem with the test case stuff because it wasnt a Java based project. I fixed that. But now the above. Any pointers anyone?

Thanks
    Jon

Hi all,

I've been having the exact same problem while trying to rewrite a simple helloworld-sample to work with Spring dm.

It looks like the org.springframework.asm package doesn't get exported. There is indeed no such jar, yet there was an org.objectweb.asm package that got exported. Trying that one (obviously) didn't work either.

Is there a way to import my jar (that is present in my Virgo server distribution) into my project?

As this project means very much to me, any help would be most appreciated.

Kind regards,

Niels

Comment

Working...
    X