Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Spring Dynamic Modules forum decommissioned in favor of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint

With the official first release of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint shipped, the migration of the Spring Dynamic Modules code base to the Eclipse Foundation, as part of the Gemini project, has been completed.

As such, this forum has been decommissioned in favour of the Eclipse Gemini forums.
See more
See less
NoClassDefFoundError when starting bundle extender Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoClassDefFoundError when starting bundle extender

Hi all,

Through trial and error I've installed a chain of the SpringDM bundles, trying to get the extender to work.

These bundles I've successfully installed:

From lib/:
    Code:
    com.springsource.org.aopalliance-1.0.0.jar
    org.springframework.aop-2.5.6.SEC01.jar
    org.springframework.beans-2.5.6.SEC01.jar
    org.springframework.context-2.5.6.SEC01.jar
    org.springframework.core-2.5.6.SEC01.jar
    From dist/:
    Code:
    spring-osgi-core-1.2.1.jar
    spring-osgi-io-1.2.1.jar
    After getting through those, spring-osgi-extender-1.2.1.jar gives me this error when I attempt to start it:

Code:
    30.05.2010 17:32:04.084 *INFO* [FelixDispatchQueue] org.springframework.osgi.extender BundleEvent RESOLVED
    30.05.2010 17:32:04.089 *INFO* [166440805@qtp-1619757639-8] org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.activator.ContextLoaderListener Starting [org.springframework.osgi.extender] bundle v.[1.2.1]
    30.05.2010 17:32:04.122 *WARN* [166440805@qtp-1619757639-8] org.springframework.osgi.extender.internal.support.NamespaceManager Bundle Spring AOP (org.springframework.aop) cannot see class [org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.NamespaceHandlerResolver]; ignoring its namespace handlers
    30.05.2010 17:32:04.125 *INFO* [FelixDispatchQueue] org.springframework.osgi.extender BundleEvent STOPPED
    30.05.2010 17:32:04.124 *ERROR* [166440805@qtp-1619757639-8] org.apache.felix.http.jetty %bundles.pluginTitle: Cannot start (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Activator start error in bundle org.springframework.osgi.extender [71].) org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Activator start error in bundle org.springframework.osgi.extender [71].
    	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.activateBundle(Felix.java:1803)
    	at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1678)
    	at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:905)
    	at org.apache.felix.framework.BundleImpl.start(BundleImpl.java:892)
    	at org.apache.felix.webconsole.internal.core.BundlesServlet.doPost(BundlesServlet.java:325)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:727)
    	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
    (snip)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/springframework/beans/factory/ListableBeanFactory
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:634)
    	at org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl$ModuleClassLoader.findClass(ModuleImpl.java:1872)
    	at org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl.findClassOrResourceByDelegation(ModuleImpl.java:758)
    	at org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl.access$100(ModuleImpl.java:61)
    	at org.apache.felix.framework.ModuleImpl$ModuleClassLoader.loadClass(ModuleImpl.java:1733)
    	at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:266)
    (snip)
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.springframework.beans.factory.ListableBeanFactory
    (snip)
    I checked the packages I added and I can't find any duplicates of ListableBeanFactory.

I'm running this in Apache Felix 2.0.4 (actually, Apache Sling 6 which runs in Felix, and includes logging bundles and such).

Any ideas why I'm getting this NoClassDefFoundError while the spring-beans bundle is installed and started?

Thanks,
    Branden

Seems to work..

After restarting the Felix container it seems to load properly now.. strange.

This seems to be resolved, but if anyone has any insight into what happened there I'd appreciate it

Thanks,
    Branden

Comment

Working...
    X