Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Spring Dynamic Modules forum decommissioned in favor of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint

With the official first release of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint shipped, the migration of the Spring Dynamic Modules code base to the Eclipse Foundation, as part of the Gemini project, has been completed.

As such, this forum has been decommissioned in favour of the Eclipse Gemini forums.
See more
See less
Problem using OsgiBundleXmlWebApplicationContext with Websphere 7 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem using OsgiBundleXmlWebApplicationContext with Websphere 7

Hi,
    I am trying to use Spring DM within hte new IBM Websphere 7 environment along with the featurepack for OSGi. I am able to deploy my spring based web application within the OSGi env using the SpringFW jar bundles along with the dependency bundles.
    I want to use the spring DM based jar bundles also within my application and try to access the OSGi services using the declarative syntax. To do this I had include the spring dm bundles - minus the web extender bundle since its not required within thewebsphere environment. Also I made the change to the web xml to add the context param and listener.

<context-param>
    <param-name>contextClass</param-name>
    <param-value>org.springframework.osgi.web.context.support .OsgiBundleXmlWebApplicationContext</param-value>
    </context-param>

<listener>
    <listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoade rListener</listener-class>
    </listener>

But when I try to deply this web bundle, I get the error
    "bundle context should be set before refreshing the application context"

Looks like the bundle context is not being set even when the WAR is a WEB bundle. When checked on the IBM forums they said that
    "Access to the BundleContext from inside a WAB is as per section 128.6.1 of the OSGi 4.2 Enterprise Specification:

BundleContext ctxt = (BundleContext) servletContext.getAttribute("osgi-bundlecontext");
    "

Can you let know why I am getting this error.
    Thanks.

Below is the stack trace if it helps.

Deepak

[5/17/10 13:26:54:943 EDT] 000000e3 webapp E com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp notifyServletContextCreated SRVE0283E: Exception caught while initializing context: {0}
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: bundle context should be set before refreshing the application context
    at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:67)
    at org.springframework.util.Assert.notNull(Assert.jav a:111)
    at org.springframework.osgi.context.support.AbstractD elegatedExecutionApplicationContext.normalRefresh( AbstractDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java: 163)
    at org.springframework.osgi.context.support.AbstractD elegatedExecutionApplicationContext$NoDependencies WaitRefreshExecutor.refresh(AbstractDelegatedExecu tionApplicationContext.java:80)
    at org.springframework.osgi.context.support.AbstractD elegatedExecutionApplicationContext.refresh(Abstra ctDelegatedExecutionApplicationContext.java:159)
    at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.crea teWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:270)
    at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.init WebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:197)
    at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListe ner.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java: 47)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.notifyServle tContextCreated(WebApp.java:1667)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.commonInitia lizationFinish(WebApp.java:368)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebAppImpl.initiali ze(WebAppImpl.java:294)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebGroupImpl.addWeb Application(WebGroupImpl.java:100)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.VirtualHostImpl.addWebAppl ication(VirtualHostImpl.java:166)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WSWebContainer.addWebApp(W SWebContainer.java:731)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WSWebContainer.addWebAppli cation(WSWebContainer.java:616)
    at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.component.WebContainerImpl .install(WebContainerImpl.java:376)
    at com.ibm.ws.osgi.web.extender.application.VirtualEn closingApplication.start(VirtualEnclosingApplicati on.java:493)
    at com.ibm.ws.osgi.web.extender.BundleHandler.startBu ndle(BundleHandler.java:623)
    at com.ibm.ws.osgi.web.extender.WebModuleExtender.pro cessBundle(WebModuleExtender.java:128)
    at com.ibm.ws.osgi.web.extender.WebModuleExtender.bun dleChanged(WebModuleExtender.java:166)
    at com.ibm.ws.osgi.web.extender.WebModuleExtender$Web BundleTrackerCustomizer.addingBundle(WebModuleExte nder.java:194)
    at org.osgi.util.tracker.BundleTracker$Tracked.custom izerAdding(BundleTracker.java:440)
    at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.trackAdding( AbstractTracked.java:261)
    at org.osgi.util.tracker.AbstractTracked.track(Abstra ctTracked.java:233)
    at org.osgi.util.tracker.BundleTracker$Tracked.bundle Changed(BundleTracker.java:413)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleCon textImpl.dispatchEvent(BundleContextImpl.java:919)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.d ispatchEvent(EventManager.java:227)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue. dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:149)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework .publishBundleEventPrivileged(Framework.java:1350)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.Framework .publishBundleEvent(Framework.java:1301)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.BundleHos t.startWorker(BundleHost.java:338)
    at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractB undle.start(AbstractBundle.java:280)
    at com.ibm.ws.app.container.aries.AriesApplication.fi ndAndStartBundles(AriesApplication.java:741)
    at com.ibm.ws.app.container.aries.AriesApplication.in stall(AriesApplication.java:433)
    at com.ibm.ws.app.container.aries.AriesApplicationEve ntHandler.handleEvent(AriesApplicationEventHandler .java:140)
    at com.ibm.ws.event.internal.adapter.OSGiHandlerAdapt er.handleEvent(OSGiHandlerAdapter.java:27)
    at com.ibm.ws.event.internal.dispatcher.DefaultEventD ispatcher.invoke(DefaultEventDispatcher.java:28)
    at com.ibm.ws.event.internal.HandlerHolder.fireSynchr onousEvent(HandlerHolder.java:323)
    at com.ibm.ws.event.internal.EventEngineImpl.publishE vent(EventEngineImpl.java:250)
    at com.ibm.ws.event.internal.EventEngineImpl.publishO sgiEvent(EventEngineImpl.java:193)
    at com.ibm.ws.event.internal.EventEngineImpl.sendEven t(EventEngineImpl.java:162)
    at com.ibm.ws.eba.app.framework.fep.EBAAppFramework.s tartApplication(EBAAppFramework.java:501)
    at com.ibm.ws.eba.internal.framework.EBALauncherImpl. startApplication(EBALauncherImpl.java:507)
    at com.ibm.ws.eba.external.framework.LauncherImpl.sta rtApplication(LauncherImpl.java:619)
    at com.ibm.ws.eba.bla.EbaOperationHandler.executeOper ation(EbaOperationHandler.java:94)
    at com.ibm.ws.management.bla.runtime.ControlOperation Helper.invokeControlOperationHandler(ControlOperat ionHelper.java:791)
    at com.ibm.ws.management.bla.runtime.ControlOperation Helper.execControlOpOnLocalServer(ControlOperation Helper.java:694)
    at com.ibm.wsspi.management.bla.runtime.CompUnitContr olOpDispatcher.dispatchCompUnitControlOpToTarget(C ompUnitControlOpDispatcher.java:257)
    at com.ibm.wsspi.management.bla.runtime.CompUnitContr olOpDispatcher.dispatch(CompUnitControlOpDispatche r.java:180)
    at com.ibm.ws.management.bla.steps.StepStartBLA.execu te(StepStartBLA.java:157)
    at com.ibm.wsspi.management.bla.op.compound.Phase.exe cute(Phase.java:151)
    at com.ibm.wsspi.management.bla.op.compound.CompoundO peration._doPhaseExecute(CompoundOperation.java:10 2)
    at com.ibm.wsspi.management.bla.op.compound.CompoundO peration.doExecute(CompoundOperation.java:85)
    at com.ibm.wsspi.management.bla.op.Operation.execute( Operation.java:158)
    at com.ibm.wsspi.management.bla.op.compound.CompoundO peration.execute(CompoundOperation.java:68)
    at com.ibm.ws.management.bla.commands.ADTCommand$Oper ationScheduler.run(ADTCommand.java:524)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:736)

possible Spring DM-2.0.0.M1 issue

FYI
    I am using the Spring DM 2.0.0.M1 release version.

I think I have found a problem in the Spring DM bundle
    spring-osgi-web-2.0.0.M1.jar

class: OsgiBundleXmlWebApplicationContext.java

This class is gets the bundle context from the servlet context and is looking for the following attribute name
    BUNDLE_CONTEXT_ATTRIBUTE = "org.springframework.osgi.web."
    + BundleContext.class.getName();

Since Spring DM version 2.0.0.M1 is supposed to also support blueprint standards, it should be additionally looking for the attribute name "osgi-bundlecontext" in the servlet context.

I have temporarily overcome this problem by creating a fragment bundle containing my own class thats extending the above OsgiBundleXmlWebApplicationContext class and using the same which uses the standard attribute name.

I think this needs to be fixed in the regular Spring DM release.

-Deepak Panchal

Comment

Working...
    X