Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Spring Dynamic Modules forum decommissioned in favor of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint

With the official first release of Eclipse Gemini Blueprint shipped, the migration of the Spring Dynamic Modules code base to the Eclipse Foundation, as part of the Gemini project, has been completed.

As such, this forum has been decommissioned in favour of the Eclipse Gemini forums.
See more
See less
Spring container not starting in Eclipse RCP application Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring container not starting in Eclipse RCP application

Hi all,

I've had a good search and attempted some of the suggestions but I'm still having a problem with a Spring DM bundle in an Eclipse RCP application.

Here's my situation.

I have an Eclipse RCP application.
    I have an OSGi bundle with a spring sub directory in the META-INF Folder.
    The spring xml file is in the the above folder.
    I have the spring dm bundles in my platform configuration and I have set the extender to auto-start true.
    My target platform has no unresolved errors and all plug-ins validate before start up.
    The spring dm bundle is an implementation of an interface from another bundle. This implementation is the service I wish to provide as defined in the spring files.
    The interface is in a separate bundle which allows my clients import this decoupling them from the implementations.

The spring container is never started up when the application starts. I have tried setting the spring dm bundle to auto-start but to no avail. The bundle does progress to the active state but the spring container is not started.

Anybody have any ideas or common troubleshooting steps for spring dm and eclipse rcp apps?

Cheers!

For future reference I have found the cause.

The problem was related to the spring 3.0.2 release. There has been some changes to the ClassVisitor or asm package.

Reverting to 2.5.6 solved the problem.

Comment

Working...
    X